TripAdvisor

Review of East Pizzas

East Pizzas
Order Online
Ranked #776 of 3,025 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Description: We are passionate about using thoughtfully sourced ingredients to create Scottish sourdough pizzas. Thoughtfully sourced ensures the highest possible quality. For us, this is seasonal and sustainable. Wherever possible we source food within 30 miles of our Leith location, and our meat and vegetables are organic. Our dough is made in-house daily, and the menu changes regularly to echo the seasons. Whether it’s the cheese or the gin, we try to use many local suppliers wherever possible.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Sourdough pizza... yum!
First time at East, and first time sourdough pizza. Totally yum. Easy online ordering, and nice friendly staff at the restaurant.
Wish I’d taken a photo of the pizza now to post on here, but it didn’t last long enough to be clicked....
Yum!

Date of visit: September 2019
RolandS2506, Owner at East Pizzas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

We have that photo issue with pizzas too! Thank you for the lovely review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Write a reviewReviews (54)

Reviewed September 9, 2019

I used this new restaurant for takeaway pizza. I collected it so can’t comment on delivery or sit in services (although the small restaurant looked fun). The pizza was on time and delicious. Sourdough base was excellent and well baked.
Initially I thought there was a pretty limited selection, but realised that I could simply order a simple pizza and add any toppings I wanted.
I will definitely use them again

Date of visit: September 2019
RolandS2506, Owner at East Pizzas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Thank you for coming to our new Morningside restaurant and fantastic to hear you enjoyed your pizza. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2019 via mobile

Had a great experience here midweek. The pizza is fantastic, Neapolitan style with fluffy chewy crusts and high quality local toppings. Get here ASAP and enjoy.

RolandS2506, Owner at East Pizzas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Thank you so much for your review. Great to hear you enjoyed your east PIZZAS experience. Come again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2019

Ordered a delivery from the new morningside branch, ordered it at 5.10.
The website said it was quiet and would be here at 5.50, didn’t arrive till 6.50 and was awful. Both pizzas were cold. Mines specifically was soggy in the middle and all the toppings on both had fallen to one side while in transit. The cheese was stodgy and seemed low quality. Ordered a garlic aoli dip that just tasted like milk. Not only that but there was no apology, mention of the long time I waited and when I paid for my 26.50 ordered I was told the delivery driver didn’t have change. So not only did I not receive some sort of discount but I overpaid

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience.

We are passionate about using thoughtfully sourced ingredients to create our pizzas. Our organic mozzarella comes from Dumfries, and where possible we use organic, sustainable and seasonal ingredients.

Please could you email me with a bit more information so I can look into the issue for you: roly@eastpizzas.com.

Many thanks

Roly

Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

Excellent wee pizza restaurant. Book in advance, it fills up quickly! Tasty pizzas with some unusual topping combinations. I had venison with blue cheese and it was great!

RolandS2506, Owner at East Pizzas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

We also love the blue cheese and venison! Very tasty. Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.