Open today: 10:30 AM - 10:30 PM
Review Highlights
Great afternoon

We visited today with our teenage boys and had a great time. Struggling to find suitable activities... read more

Reviewed today
Helena J
Best Escape Rooms ever played

That’s us completed all of the games in the Escape Reality Edinburgh branch, and can say after... read more

Reviewed today
Nia S
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Edinburgh
from $18.82
from $15.68
from $15.82
from $22.21
More Info
All reviews game master great fun alcatraz room seconds to spare explained everything set the scene fun experience amazing experience a lot of fun asylum puzzles pirate vampire challenges vr callum linear
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked the Asylum Escape Room for my daughters 18th Birthday. This was our first time here and we were not sure what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised and had a fantastic host in Joe who was extremely thorough in his explanation on how to take part in the room. He was enthusiastic too which added to our excitement. My son was a little scared and he was very good at calming him but unfortunately, my son decided not to take part. Great fun for all the family and CANNOT wait to attend again - I have definitely caught the Escape Room Bug :)

Date of experience: September 2019
alexandergER, Manager at Escape Reality, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello, traveljun!

Thank you very much for the kind words said about our games master Joe, he is very grateful for the shout out and he is delighted to hear that he was able to help you all have a wonderful time. I'm glad you enjoyed your time here and thank you for the wonderful 5* review!

Hope to see you back to play another game soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have done a number of escape rooms in varying countries. This is by far the best we have done! We did the Jungala room, and the theming was amazing and the puzzles tricky enough to be a challenge. Our host, Steven, was really helpful and at hand if we needed him. We are already looking at doing another of their rooms.

Hey there CJackson80!

Thank you ever so much for the 5* review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here and that you find our escape room experience the best that you have done! Thank you for the kind words about Steven, he is always happy to host you all again anytime :)

We hope to see you back again soon for another game!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and my 2 kids (11 & 14) went along to Escape reality on Mon 16th Sept. We were met by Alex. My daughter was nervous of the experience (I think she was expecting jump scares) but Alex put her mind at rest. He gave us clear insight of what to expect and even made the admin chat engaging! We chose the Jungala room as it seemed the most appropriate for young kids (Alex did explain afterwards that the other rooms would be suitable and we will definitely be going back (kids have already started pestering me. :-). The puzzles in the room were clever without being impossible. The room on first impression looked bare but without giving the game away this soon changed... The kids had a ball and really enjoyed the challenges and my 11 year old put his mum to shame.

We were given an ipad up front should we want to scan barcodes to get additional clues (these were limited so wasn't too much of a temptation). There was also a buzzer at hand should we need to call for assistance. We did have to do this once where they arrived promptly and nudged us in the right direction.

The initial reservations of suitability for the kids quickly disappeared and I would strongly recommend this as a family event.

Hey there, Danderhall_Green!

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write us such a fantastic and detailed 5* review! This really means a lot to me that I was able to help you all have an amazing time here with us at Escape Reality! I'm glad that I was able to put all of your minds at ease as I know the escape rooms can be a little daunting at first glance and that you were able to have a wonderful experience!

Thank you for the shout out to me as your games master and the kind words said, this means a lot to me :)

I hope to see all of you back at some point soon to play another one of our games soon!

Thanks again and all the best,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went with a couple of friends last night and it was an amazing experience. Had a great fun trying to sort out the codes with my friends and really grateful for the little hint given by our gamemaster, Emma during the time we were stuck at a point for quite a while :). A huge thank you to the staff (Emma, Alex and Calum) for making my escape experience so wonderful!! Definitely recommend people to visit their escape room!!!

Hi there, BenedictaLin!

I am glad to hear that you all had a fantastic time here at Escape Reality! Emma, Calum and I are happy to hear that they were able to help you all have an amazing time playing one of our games and want to thank you for the shout out!

Hope to see you back again soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited this attraction with our young adults church group and it was really great. The puzzles were quite hard to solve so it was all the more rewarding when we managed to get through to the next room. Our guide Emma was fantastic, too.

Hey there leva M,

Thank you so much for leaving us an amazing 5* review! I'm glad to hear that you had a fantastic time playing one of our rooms and enjoyed all of our puzzles! I have passed on your kind words to Emma and she is grateful for the shout out and the lovely comments about her as your games master!

We hope to have you back for another game soon!