Review Highlights
Nice tour!

Even though the weather wasn’t great, it didn’t bother this interesting tour. As part of the fringe... read more

Reviewed August 26, 2018
295geertjev
via mobile
Informative tour, and very engaging

I dragged my girlfriend along to this as I am a big Sherlock Holmes fan. I found out some really... read more

Reviewed August 16, 2018
Simon H
Bristol, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 14, 2017

My husband and I picked this tour both because of our interest in Sherlock Holmes and also to acquire some local knowledge of Edinburgh. We were not disappointed on either front. I would highly recommend taking this tour. Toby is an extremely interesting, friendly and informative guide. He captures the mood of the time and has so many fascinating facts to impart. It was the highlight of our trip to Edinburgh

Date of experience: November 2017
Toby V, Owner at The Real Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour of Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Hi Therese, I'm really grateful for your kind words and your lovely review. It means a lot to me that my guests enjoy the tour and to hear that it was the highlight of your trip to Edinburgh has just made my day! Thank you!

Reviewed November 10, 2017

Toby is masterful in his presentation! I thoroughly enjoyed learning about Sir Arthur's background, i.e. his education, writings, lifestyle, career etc.
A very cold evening, but definitely worth the go. It's a couple hour venue and worth every minute. Thank you Toby for sharing your knowledge with us and hope to see you again upon our return with friends in AUG 2018! Kris from Tucson,AZ

Date of experience: November 2017
Toby V, Owner at The Real Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour of Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Hi Kris, I'm delighted that you enjoyed it so much! Thank you so much for joining me and you would be very welcome to come along again to one of my August walks in 2018 during the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!

Reviewed November 3, 2017

I can't say I am a Sherlock Holmes fan but found this tour with Toby to be fun, informative and fasinating. We did the evening tour and it was cold. Good thing there is about 2 miles of walking to keep us warm. Had no idea what a full like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle had. You will also find out who the "real" Sherlock Holmes was based on. Even visit the place where he worked. So yes there is a bit of mystery to learn about. Love the 3 secrets about the Sherlock Holmes statue at the end of the tour.

I highly recommend this tour with Toby. Phil and Kris from Tucson Arizona

Date of experience: November 2017
Toby V, Owner at The Real Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour of Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Hi Phil and Kris,
thank you both so much for joining me on The Real Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour - it was a pleasure to show you some of Edinburgh's hidden gems and I'm so pleased that you felt that the tour was not just designed for Sherlock Holmes fans. Victorian Edinburgh was a fascinating world wasn't it? Best regards and haste ye back to Scotland. Toby

Reviewed October 25, 2017

A wonderfully informative tour with something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you are looking to learn a little of Edinburghs vast history, know almost nothing of Sherlock or consider your knowledge of Holmes equal to his Boswell, then this is the tour for you. Toby has created a really unique experience that far surpasses the alternatives offered on the Royal Mile. Passionate about the subject matter, patient with his customers and generous with his time, he is one of the best guides I have ever encountered. I highly recommend this tour. What are you waiting for? The games afoot....
Lydia H

Date of experience: October 2017

Hi Lyds,
thank you so much for this lovely review. It was a true pleasure to meet you and a privilege to spend two hours and more in the company of a genuine Sherlock fan, particularly with such a passion for the original stories. I also love the title of your review - thank you so much! Toby

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

A fantastic 2 hour walk around historic sights and landmarks of Edinburgh. Our group visit was a birthday treat for a friend. Toby made it one to remember from the outset by being very pleasant, knowledgable, interesting and organised. A perfect tour full of information and humour. Lots of opportunity for photos and questions. Totally recommended by all 5 of us we agreed. Thanks for a brill day!!

Date of experience: September 2017