Review Highlights
Nice tour!

Reviewed August 26, 2018
295geertjev
via mobile
Informative tour, and very engaging

Reviewed August 16, 2018
Simon H
Bristol, United Kingdom

All reviews holmes fans newbies knowledge history guide
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Even though the weather wasn’t great, it didn’t bother this interesting tour. As part of the fringe I took this tour and it was really informative and never dull! The guide had a lot of knowledge not only of Sherlock Holmes but also the history of Edinburgh.

1  Thank 295geertjev
Toby V, Owner at The Real Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour of Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Hi Geertje - I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Tour! Thank you for joining me and for taking the time to leave this lovely review!

Reviewed August 16, 2018

I dragged my girlfriend along to this as I am a big Sherlock Holmes fan. I found out some really interesting things and with tour guide was was very knowledgeable and very interesting. The only downside was that it rained!

Date of experience: August 2018
Toby V, Owner at The Real Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour of Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Thank you Simon! So glad that you enjoyed the tour despite the rain. It is, after all, the 'real' Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour and at least you got to experience the 'real' Edinburgh! Thank you both for joining me!!

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

This tour is a great choice for everybody who wants more than a traditional history tour. History though is part of this tour to explain Arthur Conan Doyle's background but it covers much more than that. You learn about Victorian Edinburgh and why it had the best medical faculty in the world, but also how Doyle made his living and who the real Sherlock Holmes was.
The guide is an enthusiast himself (as you can see from his awesome clothing) and always up for a chat about the latest Sherlock news, which makes it even more enjoyable for Holmes fans as well as newbies.
So we definitely recommend this tour; it is money and time well spent!

By the way: Also suitable for non-natives who are fairly familiar with the language. No difficult Scottish accent. ;-)

Date of experience: August 2018
Toby V, Owner at The Real Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour of Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Hi Rebecca thank you so much for this delightful review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Tour as well as the general Sherlock Holmes chat! It's great to meet other Sherlock fans and I am always learning new things from my guests. I hope too that you are inspired to return to Edinburgh one day soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Toby was fantastic. He clearly has done research and is so willing to share what he's learned. He spent some extra time chatting with me and gave me some additional resources. He was also helpful and very communicative after the tour. If you want to learn more about SH and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, then this is THE tour to take. Plus, Toby provides some history and perspective of Edinburgh during the tour. I can't say enough about this tour, and I hope to someday bring my students here!

Date of experience: July 2018
Toby V, Owner at The Real Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour of Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Thank you Molly for this fantastic review. I'm delighted I could help out with your research and I would love to host your students here one day. Please get in touch if I can help you further and good luck with your work.

Reviewed June 15, 2018

I absolutely loved this tour. Toby, our guide, was welcoming, professional, fun, and knowledgeable. Though I had already read many of the Sherlock Holmes stories and had watched recent film and TV adaptations, I learned many interesting facts about both Conan Doyle and Sherlock Holmes during the 2 hour walk around Edinburgh. I would highly recommend this tour for both avid and newbie Holmes fans - there is something to be learned and enjoyed by everyone!

Date of experience: June 2018
Toby V, Owner at The Real Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour of Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2018

Thank you so much for this delightful review!
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the Tour and also learned a lot too!

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Just completed a Sherlock Holmes walking tour with Toby for my b-day. My sisters treat to me and I’m so happy we did it. This tour was absolutely amazing! I learned so much about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle that I never knew, what a unique individual. Toby was very knowledgeable on everything Sherlock, I enjoyed everything I heard and saw and his inspiration for the character. I highly recommend this tour.

Date of experience: May 2018
Toby V, Owner at The Real Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour of Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Thank you Ruth! I'm so glad that you all enjoyed the Tour so much and you were all such good company I enjoyed it as much as you! Hopefully this will inspire you all to read and watch more Sherlock Holmes!