“Fantastic city centre break”

Reviewed November 9, 2010

just two minutes walk from waverly station right next to shopping/playhouse/sightseeing.fanastic city view comforable roomy appartments.very helpfull staff.loved my stay and will definatley go back.only downside i was in room 12 this is located next to the left luggage room and guests were noisy and loud leaving and collecting their luggage

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 5, 2010

We stayed for a two night break between 2nd-5th November 2010 and chose to book the Princes Street Suites because of the positive reviews on this site and the fact we thought we had managed to get a good deal.
I would have loved to have written a glowing review but unfortunately it wasn't quite the luxurious stay we had imagined. We were allocated room 3 on floor -3 and ust felt throughout that this was the cheap room, although we did not see any of the others. To briefly explain- having to walk though cleaning trollies/laundry bags every time we went to our room (as the lift on our floor opened out onto the area where these seemed to be stored/sorted), the peeling paint on all the walls/skirting boards, the hairs on the bath mat/bedding and overall lack of cleanliness just meant it wasn't to be. The bedding also didn't fit at all which was weird as surely it is not difficult to find sheet/duvet covers to fit! However as per the other reviews, we agree the location is wonderful. The staff also seemed nice & helpful- although we had to ask twice for our docking station which was supposed to be in the room. Maybe we were just unlucky though - I'm not sure. We are honestly not fussy and have stayed in hotels/apartments in cites all over the world but just didn't feel this place was up to scratch. So overall- great location but not quite the luxury we were expecting.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Booked three nights in October in a three bedroom appt.with friends from France.Great location,warm welcome,but the appt(no.27)needs a good lick of paint,and some new furniture.The paint around the bathroom sink was peeling off,the shower door was almost hanging off(perhaps the mould was keeping it on)just first impressions which are important were not good.
For some reason our appt. was not cleaned,the day after we arrived,and some of the gadgets in the lounge werent working either.Although we reported this and the staff said it would be sorted nothing was done.
Anyway,our friends enjoyed their visit to Edinburgh,thats what counts,especially when you are paying £867,for three nights.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank carmes2
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Booked last minute on the recommendation of a colleague.The apartment was spacious,beautifully furnished and very clean.Really well located and within walking distance of nearly everything we wanted to see.I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
PSSteam, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2010

Dear Docprescot,
Thank you for taking the time write your wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to read that you had a relaxing and enjoyable experience in both Princes Streets Suites and in Edinburgh.
We hope that on your next visit to Edinburgh we can welcome you back to the residence for another wonderful stay.
Have a happy festive season,

Reviewed October 23, 2010

I had a very pleasant stay at the Princes Street Suites a few months back. I found the apartment to be spacious, clean and 'of the monent'. Any staff I spoke to were polite and professional. I needed some guidance on places to eat and drink and reception staff listened to what I needed and gave a range of options. (They were cracking choices as we had a lovely night in the capital)! I aim to come back in the Ne'er and will recommend this excellent venue to others. I was more than satisfied.

• Stayed: August 2010

Dear Mr Heathrington,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review on trip advisor.
We very much hope that on your return to Edinburgh you will stay at Princes Street Suites and and enjoy another relaxing stay at the residence.
Have a happy festive season,

Reviewed October 23, 2010

I stayed at the PSS for the first time last month after it being referred to me by a work colleague. Although I was staying for leisure purposes I was very impressed with the setup. The service was excellent, the apartment clean, the building quiet and centrally located with a really modern feel. I would like to give a special mention to the recpetion staff who were on at my time of stay, Gareth and Alison. They were very helpful and did their jobs with smiles on their faces giving a human touch. I have encouraged friends and workmates to try this place, as it didn't disappoint in any way. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo

Dear Mr H1969,
Thank you for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope when you are next in Edinburgh you will stay with us again.
Wishing you a happy festive season,

Reviewed October 21, 2010

I will begin with the good since there are some positive aspects of the hotel. First of all the location is amazing. We arrived by train from London to Waverly Station and the hotel is just around the corner and very easy to find. It is located just minutes from the castle and the royal mile. Secondly the suites are very big. It was only the two of us but this would be perfect for a family. A fully decked out kitchen, a dining room, living room with couch and TV, laundry room and of course bathroom and bedroom.
Now for the bad, and let me say I may have been soured to the situation due to a very bad cold I was dealing with. Now even though the suite was clean, the bathroom was a little moldy around the shower and we ran out of toilet paper and Kleenex because the room was not serviced on our second day. The bed and pillows were incredibly uncomfortable and I did not get a single good nights sleep. Even though I did not hear a peep from any neighbors in the hotel the windows were not sound proof and i heard every siren, drunk person, garbage truck, etc going up the street they were also not sealed well and cold air poured in like an air conditioner. The heater in the bedroom was not working so we had to crank it up in the hallway and prop open the bedroom door to let some heat in. The TV was not working and they were not able to fix it the entire time we were there and they did not offer us anything in compensation. Again I know your not in Edinburgh to stay in your room and watch TV, but since I was feeling ill sitting in the room staring at the wall was not enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple