“Perfect choice - amazing location”

Princes Street Suites
Manchester
“Perfect choice - amazing location”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We've booked a last minute deal (£59 / night) and it was well worth the experience. We stayed in a HUGE apartment - and when I say huge it was really spacious:) Included one bedroom, lounge, fully equipped kitchen, a bathroom and another one with shower and utility rooms with washing machine, ironing board etc. The staff was helpful and friendly. If you planning to stay here you must go up to the rooftop terrace as it offers a unique view to the old town and the castle. Highly recommended for couples, families who want enjoy a cosy apartment at the heart of Edinburgh.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PSSteam, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review . I am glad that you have made the most of our roof terrace - The views are breathtaking indeed . The Castle , the Old Town and Arthur Seat on one side, and the New Town, the Firth of Forth and the hills on the other .A perfect place to relax with a coffee and a drink, after a busy day shopping, visiting or working in the capital. Best wishes - Sandrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Greek first
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Just visited Edinburgh with the wife and kids. Had booked an apartment for the first time, generally opting for a hotel, and was very pleasantly surprised. Lots of space, great location, nicely appointed apartment. Excellent experience and will happily recommend the place and more importantly, would be glad to patronise again!

Micheal, at the front desk, was exceptional, with lots of informations and going out of his way to help with any queries

Bravo!

If there are a few suggestions, they would be the following
1. If you are opting for a two bedroom suite, try to get one with two bathrooms!!
2. The master bedroom has a tiny bed. Not ideal for two adults(unless you are planning to spend the night on top of each other)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review . I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed staying with us . Our apartments are ideal for families - Every member can find a little corner to play or relax. I will certainly pass on your comments to Michael who will be delighted to read them. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Princes Street Suites - Best regards - Sandrine
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great Location and Suites. Very spacious for a family (we were 4). Clean with all modern facilities. Stayed for 2 nights and had booked the rate online inclusive of breakfast - which on hindsight was a mistake. Much cheaper options are available outside. They charge GBP 8 for a croissant, cereal box, fruit, juice and milk bottle. On my 2nd morning, the milk was rancid. Hotel staff was good to offer a refund for one day. Will surely stay there again, but will only book the suite !!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us . I am glad that you enjoyed the apartment , although disappointed to read that the breakfast did not meet with your expectations . We offer a comprehensive continental breakfast and all our products are sourced locally. The pastries are freshly baked on the day and the milk comes from a local farmer. I hope you will come back to Princes Street Suites and experience the breakfast again. If you do, please contact me directly and I will make sure that you are well looked after . Kind regards - Sandrine
mumbai
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We, myself and my family, were highly impressed by Princes Street Suites. The hotel is very well located. It's very plush and nicely done up! It's surprisingly, very spacious too! Although we had a very packed schedule, we felt we should spend more time relaxing in our suite. The staff is courteous and friendly although may not be able to offer much information. The beds and bath were very inviting. The rooms and kitchen were modern with all facilities in place. This is not a hotel but a studio suite where breakfast will be delivered on your dining table. So if you are looking at hotel and resort comforts this is not the place. This place is like having a modern cosy and elegant apartment with all gadgets all for yourself! My son put it best - " dad, can we have a house like this back in our city"

There is a day parking available just outside the hotel and there a night parking 5 minutes walk away!

The place is definitely recommendable! My friends visited the place on my recommendation and very quite thankful as even they loved the place.

Room Tip: Their city facing rooms are the ones to be taken. Lovely view of the Victorian buildings.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your very kind comments . Our apartments are very spacious indeed, we like to think that they are the largest serviced apartments in Edinburgh . I am delighted that your family (and your son in particular!) felt at home at Princes Street Suites . This is what we like to hear. We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites - Best regards- Sandrine
Aarau, Switzerland
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've spent one week in June 2013 in appartment 1 on the minus third floor.

What I liked:
very good location. If you arrive by plane, take the Airlink bus to Waverley bridge. From there, its a five minzte walk.
Very friendly employees at check-in and check-out.
Spacious and nicely furnished appartment..

What could be improved:
There were piles of bags of laundry standing around in the aisles. Can't you find another place for them? I felt like I was living in the basement next to the janitor.
Noise from the street, especially during Friday and Saturday nights, maybe thete are better soundproven windows avaiable for the minus third floor.
On sunday, housekeeping was kind of forgotten in my suite, only the bed was made, new towels would have been highly appreciated
mind the environment, why use the dishwasher to clean one fork?
it's great to have free wifi, but on the minus third floor it was so slow, you could not seriously use ist for anything

All in all a good experience, but not astonishing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your review . I am delighted to read that you were happy with your choice of accommodation in Edinburgh . Our very central location means that we are located next to very busy streets. However, the majority of our guests comment on how quiet and peaceful our apartments are considering the location. I am sorry if you did experience some noise despite the double glazing or double windows we have in place . This is unfortunately out of our control and I hope it was not too inconvenient. With regards to housekeeping, our apartments are cleaned every day , with a full service every other day and a light service on the other days . However it is possible to request a full service . All the very best for the weekend - Best regards - Sandrine
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom apartment for 4 nights at the end of May. The location is excellent, within easy walking distance of the main station and most sights. The reception staff were also very friendly and helpful. Having a city centre apartment is a great choice for families with young children. We had two spacious bedrooms and a large sitting room, with a good size kitchen area. There is a Sainsbury’s supermarket a short walk away if you are self-catering, as we were. The kitchen was a good size, with a full oven and dishwasher, but overall the kitchen let the apartment down badly and was certainly not luxury or anywhere near five star. Many basic items were missing if you actually want to cook a meal; there was a hotchpotch of pots and lids; and I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a mismatched collection of cutlery, so cheap and nasty that it wouldn’t have been fit for the cheapest caff. As already mentioned, the front desk staff were helpful -they replaced the broken cafetiere without any problem and found me a tin opener quickly when I found that there wasn’t one whilst I was in the middle of cooking dinner. It wouldn’t take much to equip the kitchen properly and at the prices charged I think it is essential. It would also have been nice to have a few basics like salt and pepper supplied too.
Apart from the kitchen, I would recommend the apartments. We would stay there again if returning to Edinburgh, especially if we came by car with a box stocked with a cheese grater, sieve, tin-opener, sharp knives, cutlery, a casserole…..
If you are in Edinburgh with children, you must make it to Craigmillar castle, reached by the number 14 bus, which is even free if you are an English Heritage member. Our nine year old loved it as it offers a totally different experience to Edinburgh Castle. For starters there were next to no other tourists there, and you feel you are exploring as you decide which staircase to climb and which room to discover next. A huge hit with Mary Queen of Scots and also with us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank HappyFamily0f3
Many thanks for your lovely review . I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us . The size and the location are ideal to explore Edinburgh on foot . With regards to the lack of equipment, I can remember indeed you coming to reception asking for a tin opener ! Please accept our apologies if this piece of equipment was missing . Our apartments are extremely popular and we operate at a very high level of occupancy . Our apartments are checked after each departure and our housekeeping team replenishes what has gone missing if anything. We must have failed to spot the disappearance of the can opener , but I am glad we did manage to find one for you as I can remember that you were in the middle of cooking when you came down to reception... Before I finish my reply, Can I just say that I could not agree more with your recommendation of Craigmillar Castle - My 9 year-old son's favourite place in Edinburgh if not in Scotland ! a real world of adventure . We look forward to welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites - Best regards - Sandrine
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in May 2013 and loved the location and the newness of the apartments. We had a one bedroom apartment on the "-1" floor. It could have been really special but it missed the mark in many places. To start with we were told (with no uncertain terms) that we would be charged for anything stolen from the apartment - which is fine but you'd expect the apartment to be stocked well - it wasn't. It had two of everything - two wine glasses; two plates; two bowls; two knives; two forks etc - none of it matched. It was if it had been stocked by university students who had knicked everything from other places. It really cheapened the experience and the place was not cheap to rent. The lounge and the bed were also very cheap - the mattress so thin I felt I slept on a wood board and the lounge hard.

Pros :- good shower; kitchen; friendly,helpful staff; fantastic location; warm; silent; new; great view from the roof
Cons :- one slow elevator; poor bed; massive diagonal beam going floor to ceiling in lounge room; no in-room safe; kitchen not stocked well enough to cook in; no clothes washing machine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review . I am glad you have enjoyed the location and were happy with the level of service provided by the team. I am sorry to read however that the standard of the apartment did not meet with your expectations . All our apartments are the amount of equipment recommended by our four-star rating guideline . However, it can happen indeed that our guests wish additional equipment that we are happy to provide on request whenever available. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused and hope to see you soon at Princes Street Suites - Best regards - Sandrine