“Great Find”

Princes Street Suites
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Been to Edinburgh a few times, but this is one of the best places I have stayed. Rally good location, very spacious, and loved the roof top terrace. The 6 of us really enjoyed the stay. If you are going with a group stay here, probably a bit pricey for just the two of you.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
PSSteam, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Many thanks for writing such a lovely review on Trip Advisor. Always nice to hear that we were the best place to stay in Edinburgh ! We have a great selection of 1 , 2 and 3 bedroom apartments, with the 2 and 3 bedroom ones being ideal for small friends and family gathering . We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites - Best regards - Sandrine

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The staff is very friendly, polite and helpful. We booked a two-bedroom apartment. When we check-in, the receptionist wanted to have the name of the guests. We wrote down five names. Surprisingly, upon check-in, the receptionist brought the additional bed sheet, pillow, etc for the fifth person.This is very thoughtful of them.
The apartment is very close to the waverly train station. The rooms are clean and equipped with complete kitchen facilities, washing machine, etc. One setback is there is only one toilet.
The rate is reasonable for a service apartment.We would come back if we visit Edinburgh again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your great comments on our facilities and on our team. Our team members are very highly praised indeed and receive regular comments from our guests . They are a credit to Princes Street Suites , and it always gives me great pleasure to share our guests' comments with them. So thank you . I hope we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites - Best wishes - Sandrine

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were 5 friends who stayed 2 nights at this place. We were very impressed, even after reading the great reviews on tripadvisor. The location is exceptionally central in Edinburgh. This is NOT a hotel, rather a serviced apartment, with tons of space, large kitchen with all the appliances you would like, huge bedrooms, spacious bathrooms and huge living room with modern and clean furniture. Should you need a comfortable and modern apartment in the heart of Edinburgh. The staff is kind and helpful. The price is reasonable for what you get. This is place I would definitely come back to, should we ever consider a family trip to Edinburgh.

Room Tip: We lived on the ground floor, but were not bothered with any noise from the street.
1  Thank GeorgeDenmark

Many thanks for your lovely review. I am glad that your party enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is hard to beat indeed . Princes Street and its shops is only 1 minute walk, and the old Town with the Castle, pubs and traditional Scottish shops only a few minutes stroll . We look forward to seeing you back at Princes Street Suites . Kind regards - Sandrine

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The sales pitch implied an excellent place to stay...... and it was - clean and roomy with all the amenities you would want-despite being in the centre of the city remarkably quiet so far as outside noise was concerned. The staff were helpful, friendly and most efficient;but -- there always is one, with a little more attention to detail it would have made 5 stars. The kitchen bin was broken and the cutlery ( why only two settings?) and kitchen knives rather cheap. The noise made by a revelling hen party staying in the hotel was not conducive to a restful nights sleep. All that said I'd return and take my chances that the girls had gone home and the minor irritations fixed. Recommended.

Room Tip: A suite not on the ground floor may be quieter
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review . Despite the minor irritations, I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us . Due to the large size of our apartments and the central location, we are a very popular destination for families and groups of friends . However, our guests are being asked to respect our other guests' privacy and peace . Our duty manager who is on site all night always keeps an eye on noise level so I hope that it was not too much of an inconvenience for you. I hope we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites- Best wishes - Sandrine

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed with my half in small room with a double bed and bathroom for 3 nights. All we wanted was some place to stay during the nights so it was a good choice. Anything special but for a good money. Everything was clean, receptionist helpful. A bit disappointment with breakfast as we didn't know what it will be and we had 3 days the same wrapped breakfast (cornflakes, muffin, juice and roll with chocolate). Also we had a room with a view to the other wall of building so it wasn't as cool as it could be though it was a quiet room. If you want to enjoy Edinburgh you are busy whole day anyway so as we were and we were happy to be in the center of everything! :)

Room Tip: Make sure you want the breakfast and which room you will get (if you prefer a nice view)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HanaPeter

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am glad you have enjoyed the experience but disappointed to hear that you did not like the breakfast. You will be pleased to hear that we are now working with a local supplier, and are including top quality products in our breakfast basket, including a freshly baked croissant or pain au chocolat, cereals, milk from a local producer, fresh orange juice, organic yoghurt , cereal bar and a fresh piece of fruit. I hope you will come back and stay with us again so that you can experience it for yourself. Hope you have a lovely summer - best wishes - Sandrine CL

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at the Princes Street Suites in mid April, 2013 for a week. I was attending a group weekend event, and I booked late so missed the chance to share and I was worried that I would end up having to pay for an expensive hotel. However, I was fortunate enough to find a great rate for this hotel. The centre of activities was on Princes Street and this hotel was ideal for all the events I was attending, since it's so central and convenient. The studio suite I had was huge, with a washer/dryer, iron and tons of storage - and as well as the requisite hair dryer they had a flat iron for hair as well - which was great for me since I didn't have to worry about converters and varying voltage for my own iron. And it was an extra treat to have the apartment serviced and cleaned each day!

As it happens, my view was not fantastic since I looked out onto Waverley Station, but on the other hand it took me less than five minutes to walk there when I arrived, so I don't mind. Others have complained about the decorating, but I really don't know why. The furniture was modern - and yes much of it was Ikea, but everything was clean and the amount of space I had was amazing. Often my husband and I book 1-bedroom apartments when we travel together since studio suites are sometimes small, but if we come back together a studio will be plenty of room for the two of us so I would absolutely book again. I don't really cook a lot when I stay at self-catering places, except for a light breakfast and warming snacks, so I found the kitchen dishes, etc. to be more than adequate. I had friends over for wine one afternoon and had enough glasses for all six of us. Also, I thought it was great to have not only a fridge but a freezer as well.

I had two quibbles - one is that I wish there were an early check-in option for international travellers. My flight was very early so I arrived quite early in the morning and was unable to get my room, even though I'd written ahead. This would be a great option and I wouldn't even mind paying a bit to have the room early. The second quibble is that there are no plugs for the aforementioned blow-dryer and flat iron in the bathroom. I had to go through some gyrations to plug into a wall outlet and use another mirror which wasn't as well lit. However, these are minor quibbles and the value for money at this hotel was a real find and I was very happy with it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
PSSteam, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such lenghtly review on your recent stay with us. I am sure your comments will prove very useful to most readers looking at staying at Princes Street Suites . I am delighted that you have enjoyed the overall stay and that you felt that both the facilities and the equipment provided were of very good standard . We have noted your comments regarding the plug as well as the early check-in. We always try our best to give our guests access to the apartments as early as possible in the day without having to pay a supplement. Currently, the only way we could garantee a very early check-in would be to charge an additional night (the night before) , which is obviously possible, but not necessarily a cost effective option for our guests . I hope we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites - Best regards- Sandrine

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Anna checked us in and very kindly upgraded us to a 2bed apt with wonderful views, we had a lovely stay and we were very well looked after. Anna and the rest of the reception team were lovely and made our stay very special. Views from rooftop terrace were amazing, we will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your lovely comment regarding your stay . I will pass them on to the team and to Anna who will be delighted to read them. I am glad you have enjoyed the upgrade to a larger apartment with great views, even more so as I believe it was a very special date for you .We hope we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites - Best wishes - Sandrine