“Fantastic apartments. Highly recommend them and great value also.”

Princes Street Suites
“Fantastic apartments. Highly recommend them and great value also.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Great apartments, great location, close to train, buses, shopping and nightlife. Nice and quiet also. Would definitely stay again and I highly recommend them.
Rooms are big and spacious, beds comfy. The 3 bed has a huge living dining area and well equipped kitchen. Ideal for families or groups. Also, lovely roof terrace with great views of Arthur's seat an Edinburgh.

• Stayed November 2012
Andrea H, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Many thanks for your lovely review of Princes Street Suites . I am delighted to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and have particularly appreciated the size of the apartment and the proximity of the train station . We are very privileged indeed in being located in the heart of the city. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites . Kind regards- Sandrine Contier-Lawrie , General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Greek first
Lancs
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Read various reviews on this before visiting for 4 nights in early november. This was a birthday present for my wife so was willing to pay for a larger apartment, and that is exactly what we got. Initially booked a 2 bed apt, but decided to try out the 3 bed, and did. Both apartments were spacious, stylishly designed, and both afforded great views as we were higher up on the 3rd floor.
The front desk people responded to every wish we made, and certainly added to my wifes enjoyment.
Some of the fittings had been treated roughly and no doubt will be refurbished, but in general the apartments are spotless and spacious with plenty of wardrobe space.
The views from the roof terrace are stunning with pleny of tables to accommodate those who wish to view the Castle and Calton Hill. Given how cold it was we opted for a drink in the evening and lunch in the sun on one day.
There are rooms lower down which are limited in views definately but provide total privacy then there are those that face an office block, but that is quite typical in any city. The kitchens are reasonably well equipped and perfectly adequate.
It's location is ideal as it is only 300yds from Waverley, just up the road from the Balmoral, so you are central to both Princes Street and the Royal Mile. Just on Waverley; I think it was alluded to that certain views had the vast canopy over Waverley as their view ? Well I can only say that is true of anyone staying in the many famousiconic hotels who face that way.
I know one thing I shall certainly recommend this place to my friends, and intend to return ourselves.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Princes Street Suites . I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed your experience with us . Most of our apartments have an amazing view of the old Town and Arthur Seat so I am glad that the one we allocated to you had , even more so as it was a special treat for your wife's birthday. I hope we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites - Best regards- Sandrine Contier-Lawrie, General Manager
Kirriemuir, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Me and my wife stayed here for a couple of nights and would find it very difficult to find fault. Rooms well equipped and comfortable. Staff polite and helpful. Proximity to Waverly Station and on routes of other public transport a huge advantage.

Room Tip: ask for a reasonable sized TV in the main room when you book.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrea H, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Many thanks for writing such a lovely review . We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us . Our location is second to none indeed , in the very heart of the city . I hope you have managed to go to the roof terrace from which there are the most amazing views of the Old Town and Edinburgh Castle .

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites .
Best wishes

Sandrine CL- General Manager
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great location in walking distance to everything. Friendly staff. Lovely clean roomy apartment with all the basics for self catering if you want too.

I can only see 2 possible draw backs...

If you don't like a firm mattress you may not get a good night's sleep. (Ours were super firm!)

...and as the building is quite unusually situated (top half at street level, the back of the building going down to a lower street level) the rooms on one side of the building look out on to a stone wall! So make sure you ask for a room with a view if this is important to you.

• Stayed November 2012
Andrea H, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review . I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us . I agree, the views from most of our rooms and from our roof terrace offering panoramic views of the city are amazing and difficult to beat indeed. Some of our rooms are located on the side of the building and overlook a small enclosed garden area which is perfect for guests looking for a quiet and peaceful environment . I hope we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites . In the meantime, if there is anything we can help with, please do not hesitate to contact either a member of the team or myself . With very best wishes - Sandrine Contier-Lawrie, General Manager
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed November 5, 2012

These apartments are well located just at the beginning of east Princes Street. Waverly Station is a couple of hundred meters away. The Castle, Royal Mile and Holyrood Palace are all within easy walking distance.
The apartments are modern, spacious and clean. The only critisism was that there was a lack of kitchen cooking equipment (pots, baking sheet etc).
The reception staff were efficient and helpful. The apartment was serviced regularly.
Car parking can be arranged at discount in advance at a nearby public car park as the hotel does not have its own facility. There are bus stops right outside the front door.
Overall a very pleasant stay in a very comfortable apartment which we will certainly use again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your lovely review on your recent stay at Princes Street Suites. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your "Princes Street Suites Experience". Regarding the lack of kitchen equipment, we have recently carried out an audit for all our apartments in order to make sure that all come with the necessary kitchen equipment. We also keep a few spare sets of pots and pans in our store room and I am sorry that we did not make that clear to you on arrival.
We hope we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites – Best wishes- Sandrine Contier-Lawrie, General Manager
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Spacious 2 bedroom apartment made our stay memorable. Rooms are well decorated and clean. I dont know how old the building was but our apartment looked brand new. Only downside was that the beds were a bit small and narrow. My nephew who is 6 ft tall found it tough to relax on them.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are better
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Princes Street Suites. I am glad the apartment and the service both met with your expectations, apart maybe for the size of the bed which I hope was not too much of an inconvenience for your nephew...
We look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future .
Best regards

Sandrine CL- General Manager
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We booked 3 nights at the apartments. Quite late the evening before our arrival I was contacted by the hotel to be informed that the hotel had a maintenance issue and that they had booked us into a hotel across the street. We were given a free breakfast as a 'sorry'. The hotel we were booked into was really nice and we reluctantly left the next day.

When we went to check into the princes street suites. We were immediately told our room was not ready as it had to be cleaned. I said I thought the room had a maintenance issue, therefore no one would've been in the room. I was ignored by the receptionist who then said we can have the room ready in 40 minutes can you go and do something until its ready. I said I just wanted to unload my my luggage and stop wasting time checking into hotels. She then Proceeded to give me a key to another room. I was offered no apology or even asked if my stay was ok in the replacement hotel. A breakfast was not much in the way of compensation for wasting time checking in/out, moving, unpacking and repacking in and out of hotels.

The service was not great which was unfortunate as the price we paid was fairly expensive in my opinion.

My husband was extremely put off by a strong food smell that seemed to linger. The walls are in a bad way with dirty marks, flakey paint and the shower screen over the bath was useless and the floor was soaking wet after one shower never mind two!

This experience has put us off staying in apartments and will use hotels from now on.

• Stayed November 2012
Andrea H, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Princes Street Suites. I am sorry to hear that your experience did not match your expectations . I understand how frustrating it can be indeed to be asked to move to a different hotel due to maintenance issues .This situation was however out of our control. Due to our exceptional location and the large size of our apartments, we have a very high level of occupancy . This also means that at the end of a very busy season, some of our apartments require a bit of TLC . Our maintenance staff has been busy painting over the last few weeks and we hope you will come back and experience the change for yourself. With very best wishes - Sandrine CL- General Manager