“Great Location”

Princes Street Suites
Reviewed November 5, 2012

These apartments are well located just at the beginning of east Princes Street. Waverly Station is a couple of hundred meters away. The Castle, Royal Mile and Holyrood Palace are all within easy walking distance.
The apartments are modern, spacious and clean. The only critisism was that there was a lack of kitchen cooking equipment (pots, baking sheet etc).
The reception staff were efficient and helpful. The apartment was serviced regularly.
Car parking can be arranged at discount in advance at a nearby public car park as the hotel does not have its own facility. There are bus stops right outside the front door.
Overall a very pleasant stay in a very comfortable apartment which we will certainly use again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrea H, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Many thanks for your lovely review on your recent stay at Princes Street Suites. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your "Princes Street Suites Experience". Regarding the lack of kitchen equipment, we have recently carried out an audit for all our apartments in order to make sure that all come with the necessary kitchen equipment. We also keep a few spare sets of pots and pans in our store room and I am sorry that we did not make that clear to you on arrival.
We hope we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites – Best wishes- Sandrine Contier-Lawrie, General Manager

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Spacious 2 bedroom apartment made our stay memorable. Rooms are well decorated and clean. I dont know how old the building was but our apartment looked brand new. Only downside was that the beds were a bit small and narrow. My nephew who is 6 ft tall found it tough to relax on them.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are better
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Andrea H, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Princes Street Suites. I am glad the apartment and the service both met with your expectations, apart maybe for the size of the bed which I hope was not too much of an inconvenience for your nephew...
We look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future .
Best regards

Sandrine CL- General Manager

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We booked 3 nights at the apartments. Quite late the evening before our arrival I was contacted by the hotel to be informed that the hotel had a maintenance issue and that they had booked us into a hotel across the street. We were given a free breakfast as a 'sorry'. The hotel we were booked into was really nice and we reluctantly left the next day.

When we went to check into the princes street suites. We were immediately told our room was not ready as it had to be cleaned. I said I thought the room had a maintenance issue, therefore no one would've been in the room. I was ignored by the receptionist who then said we can have the room ready in 40 minutes can you go and do something until its ready. I said I just wanted to unload my my luggage and stop wasting time checking into hotels. She then Proceeded to give me a key to another room. I was offered no apology or even asked if my stay was ok in the replacement hotel. A breakfast was not much in the way of compensation for wasting time checking in/out, moving, unpacking and repacking in and out of hotels.

The service was not great which was unfortunate as the price we paid was fairly expensive in my opinion.

My husband was extremely put off by a strong food smell that seemed to linger. The walls are in a bad way with dirty marks, flakey paint and the shower screen over the bath was useless and the floor was soaking wet after one shower never mind two!

This experience has put us off staying in apartments and will use hotels from now on.

• Stayed: November 2012
Andrea H, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Princes Street Suites. I am sorry to hear that your experience did not match your expectations . I understand how frustrating it can be indeed to be asked to move to a different hotel due to maintenance issues .This situation was however out of our control. Due to our exceptional location and the large size of our apartments, we have a very high level of occupancy . This also means that at the end of a very busy season, some of our apartments require a bit of TLC . Our maintenance staff has been busy painting over the last few weeks and we hope you will come back and experience the change for yourself. With very best wishes - Sandrine CL- General Manager

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We booked a 2 bed suite for our family of 4. It wasn't just spacious, it was enormous, bigger than our house! Our 2 teenage boys absolutely loved the suite. Location couldn't be better. 5 mins walk to either Calton Hill, Waverley station, or Princes street itself. The flat was clean, modern and well equipped. Our view was an office block, not the castle, but it was actually quite fascinating watching several floors of people hard at work while we lazed around! Reception is open 24 hours, as is the luggage storage and staff were all friendly and answered our questions well. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have views of the castle.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review on your recent stay at Princes Street Suites . We are very proud indeed to be able to offer one not only of the best location in Edinburgh but also some of the most spacious serviced apartments in the city . We hope we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites- Best regards - Sandrine Contier-Lawrie , General Manager

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I been to many hotels over the years, but this were just superb. So when I go back to Edinburgh, there is only one place I consider. Princes Street Suits is just best of the best. The staff, the apt, the bed and everything in an spacious apt. Close to everything in Edinburgh, simply loved it

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PetterBrumunddal

Many thanks for your wonderful review . I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon to Princes Street Suites - Very best wishes - Sandrine CL- General Manager

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had booked a one-bed suite but were immediately upgraded to a spacious, well-equiped and beautiful two-bed on arrival. Anything we asked for was supplied immediately without question and the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooftop terrace was great with views across the city from the Royal Mile and the Castle to Arthur's Seat. It was cold and overcast while we were there so we didn't get the best out of it though I'm sure on a warm day/evening it would be amazing. There's a cute little coffee shop directly across the road which does lovely breakfasts too. Adjacent to the railway station and Princes Street it's the perfect base for enjoying all that the centre of Edinburgh offers but at the same time is quiet. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roxy60
Andrea H, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor about your recent stay at Princes Street Suites, and a lovely one too! I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is hard to beat indeed , and I have to say that I am very proud of my team who always try their best to make our guests' stay as comfortable as possible.
I hope we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites . Best regards- Sandrine Contier-Lawrie, General Manager

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The previous night we had stayed at a poor value and grubby, bed and breakfast in St Andrews for £90 a couple. Our room was on the second floor and there was no lift. We payed £200 for a suite for 4 at the Princes Street Suites, so we were paying £10 a head more. The difference between the two properties was amazing. The P.S.S is ideally situated in the centre of Edinburgh. The rooms are clean and well furnished. My guess is the ideal customer is a business man/woman who needs temporary accomodation whilst working in Edinburgh. Excellent accomodation and we will certainly stay here again. The staff at reception were very helpful. My only issue was the single lift that appeared to have a mind of its own.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Many thanks for your great review posted on Trip advisor. I am glad that you have enjoyed staying in one of our apartments and would like to take this opportunity for booking with us on this occasion. We feel privileged to be based so close to one of the most prestigious streets in Edinburgh, and within walking distance of most of the sights of Scotland's capital city .
We hope that you come and stay with us if or when you are back to Edinburgh. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact either myself or a member of the team if you have any questions. Best wishes - Sandrine Contier-lawrie, General Manager