Hotel du Vin & Bistro
$111
$101
Agoda.com
1,174 results
All reviewsmonsoon showerroll top bathwhisky snugcigar bothyhdv edinburghoverlooking the courtyardroyal milesuperior roomfree standing bathlovely hotelnational museum of scotlandeggs benedictnespresso machinemini barlovely roomedinburgh hotelboutique hotel
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a one night stay in a superior room. Lovely room with a roll top bath and rain forest shower. All staff were attentive, friendly and courteous and a credit to the hotel. The breakfast was delicious, we enjoyed the cooked option. Gorgeous, cosy hotel - can't wait to return.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear mintaero,

Thank you very much for your review of Hotel du Vin Edinburgh. It is with great pleasure to read you and your partner had a lovely stay with us. I am delighted to note the staff were outstanding on this visit and that you particularly enjoyed your breakfast.

Thank you very much and we look forward to having you return to us in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed January 13, 2014

NewsBase held it's annual corporate dinner for 40 people at HDV Edinburgh on 11 January 2014. As MD, I cannot speak highly enough of the way that we were looked after from the moment that we arrived on Saturday afternoon to the time that we sadly had to leave on Sunday. The hotel was excellent in all ways, with fantastic rooms, excellent food and drink and tremendous service from the staff. Planning for the event was made easy by Emma as a result of which there were no last minute niggles, or indeed, any problems at all - professionalism was evident throughout.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear WillC,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of Hotel du Vin Edinburgh. I am delighted to read you had a great Corporate event at the hotel and that all your guests had an amazing time. My team are a great credit to the hotel and I will be sure to advise Emma of your lovely feedback.

I do hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed in Hotel Du Vin Edinburgh as a pre christmas shopping break. The hotel was beautifully decorated for christmas and I loved the decor throughout the hotel. We stayed in a superior room as we took advantage of an offer and wasn't let down. The freestanding bath makes these rooms and one of the first things I did was have a bath! As the shower and bath area are open plan these type of rooms are not for the shy and retiring..little on the dark side in terms of lighting but I quite liked that. The service from every member of staff we encountered was excellent. The food in the bistro was also very good but maybe a little bit on the expensive side depending on your budget. Would definitely stay here again I loved the superior room and freestanding bath!

Room Tip: If money allows opt for superior room or suite
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Bananarama30,

Thank your very much for your taking your time to post a review following your recent stay at Hotel du Vin, Edinburgh. I am delighted to read you had the most enjoyable time with us and enjoy the quality of our rooms and the service from my team.

Once again thank you for sharing your feedback and I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again, in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Had a whisky tasting session booked as a gift. When I turned up there was actually no record of my booking but the bar staff were exceptionally accommodating (including a drink on the house by way of apology). Apologies I've forgotten the name of the barman who greeted me and arranged the tasting at short notice.
Dominic the sommelier was very knowledgable and approachable. The whiskies were varied to give a good impression of the different flavours produced by distilling/storing methods.
All in all a great experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Michael M, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear GerryCousins,

Thank you for your review, following a Whisky Tasting with Dominic at the hotel. I am delighted to read you had an enjoyable and memorable visit, leaving with much more knowledge on Whisky. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team.

Many thanks and hopefully see you back soon for an advanced tasting.

Best regards

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Very cosy and lovely hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful. The food is awesome. The bedrooms and bathrooms were great. Location also perfect. Good location to have a conference or team building. Sightseeing great.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear WendyCapeTown,

Thank you for your review following your visit with us in November. It is with great pleasure to read you had a great stay with us and recommend us to others.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the food and I will be sure to pass those onto our chef and kitchen team.

Many thanks again and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Best wishes,