Hotel du Vin & Bistro
The Scotsman Hotel(Edinburgh)
$156
$123
  • Room Service
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$168
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
1,176 results
All reviewsmonsoon showerroll top bathwhisky snugcigar bothyhdv edinburghoverlooking the courtyardroyal milesuperior roomfree standing bathlovely hotelnational museum of scotlandeggs benedictnespresso machinemini barlovely roomedinburgh hotelboutique hotel
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Loved this hotel. Great location, helpful & friendly staff. The decor in the hotel was lovely & our room was great - clean, comfy, quiet. Nice touches such as coffee machine & good toiletries! Would def stay here again if I came to Edinburgh & would def go to another Hotel Du Vin elsewhere in the country - very impressed!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Lovely hotel & staff. Would have given 5 stars but there was a mix up with our reservation. To be fair we were upgraded and given a bottle of wine to make amends. Gorgeous dinner and breakfast - price was very reasonable and good quality food. Pleasant waiting staff.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2011

good location, tasteful rooms and attractive function areas

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were in in Edinburgh, for a few days in May ( we got engaged ) hdv was recommended to us by family and friends and we were not dissapointed.
We arrived at the hotel before check in and were greeted by very friendly staff, they explained that our room wasnt quite ready so showed us to the bar and took our bags from us. After a relaxing drink we were shown to our room as soon as it was available. The room was more than we expected with a huge bed roll top bath and monsoon shower. After a long drive we ordered room service which came quickly and was awsome! The staff could not do enough for us they were all very polite and friendly. Breakfast was also great with lots of choice and a full english that was served with a smile, and plenty of tea and coffee. We really enjoyed our stay at HDV and will definately be returning in the future, thanx for making our engagement and also my birthday a brilliant one.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2011

OK, we'd left it pretty late to book somewhere and we were lucky to find a room at all in Festival time, but still for £275 for the night I was looking forward to staying somewhere a bit special. The room itself (d'Arenberg - I think it is the one pictured as the example of Superior Double on the website) was adequate but not spacious and the view out of the enormous window is partially blocked by a rather depressing wall. The bathroom – while apparently luxurious with a rolltop bath (albeit crammed in at an angle) – is actually quite badly planned as the huge shower door hits the loo - probably would have been better to go for more modest fittings to suit the modest size room. But the weirdest thing was the bed - we'd booked a twin room and arrived to find a double bed. "No problem" said the helpful woman who showed us our room, "we'll convert to two singles." We arrived back late in the evening to find the same double with two single duvets on top! A bit too cosy for my liking! I did mention to the guy on the desk when I checked out and he seemed to think it was perfectly normal and said we could have asked for them to be unhooked and rolled apart (we might have, had we returned earlier and not assumed that's what they'd do anyway). My sister and I stayed in a twin room in a Bath boutique hotel a couple of weeks before and it was interesting to compare - there the beds were separated by a bedside table which is what I'd expect. Also for £275 I'd expect breakfast but we were told it was room only - again I probably should have checked first but they obviously DO serve breakfast from other travellers' reviews so it seems a little mean at that price.

Room Tip: I wouldn't go for d'Arenberg if you can avoid it
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family