“Location with views”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Capital View Apartments
Ranked #106 of 217 Specialty Lodging in Edinburgh
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights in Apartment B. The apartment could not have been more central being only minutes from the Royal Mile, the railway station and main shopping centre. Our host Jill was outstanding in her support to make our visit to Edinburgh and Scotland a highlight. Always prompt and helpful. The apartment was clean, well equipped and great value. In summary, Location, Location, Location!!
Tom, Australia

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TomCanberra

Reviewed April 18, 2010

I was in this flat for Easter.
The accomodation is very nice: claen, well located and just as you see on the pictures.

A great satying!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2009

My and my friend stayed in apartment B for 3 nights. Jill, the owner, helped with good information about the place and surrondings before we got there - thanks!

Nice apartment which got everything we needed. The view was amazing! And location was extremely central - walking ditance from everything.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights. The apartment had everything we needed, was clean, warm and comfortable. The views were stunning.
The location was excellent for the shopping centres and the Royal Mile and the museums.
The cost to stay was such good value we had expected that something would be wrong with it, but it exceeded all our expectations.
Cant wait to go back with my family next time.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2009

This apartment was more than we anticipated. Firstly it couldn't be any more central for both shopping and entertainment. Literally a 2-3 minute from Princess Street and less to the Royal Mile. We stayed here for the fringe and certainly enjoyed. The apartment had everything we could have needed. Was spotless and well maintained, so much so that we have booked to go back next year, for even longer. The booking was a pleasure, with the owner staying in regular contact and being extremely helpful. A short walk from the train station. Excellent views. Have already recommended to friends

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2009

My studio apartment exceeded all expectations. The views from my room on the 8th floor where STUNNING. See photos. The apartment building is on The Mound, with the rear entrance/exit right on the Royal Mile a couple blocks from the Castle. A 10 minute walk across Princes Street Garden are Marks and Spencer market, and a Sainsbury (better than M&S) market. Saved money eating by preparing food in the well-equipped kitchen. 5 minute walk to Waverly train station and the tour buses. 5 minute walk to fabulous pubs in the Grassmarket area. Jill and her husband responded immediately to all of my booking questions and were there to meet me when I arrived.

The only negatives and they weren't a big deal: 1) the laundry room only has 1 washer and 1 dryer and there was a line up to use them. I wasted hours going up and down the elevator checking on my clothes, if I'd known I would have just taken them to the cleaners. 2) the hairdryer was broken. I will definitely stay here again, literally had tears in my eyes when I had to leave Edinburgh.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Yes it was a nice surprise for me to see this amazing ancient heritage building with modern lifestyle apartment in it.!.specially for tourists from Far East Asia .It was a very comfortable stay . The views from one of the highest points in of the city was magnificent indeed.The kitchen had nifty complimentary supplies , like a jar of sugar which otherwise you might need to buy.
The location is just excellent ..the hop ON and OFF tourist bus is just a mere walking distance away at Waverly Station.Shopping streets just behind and the Castle not very far off.A big thanks to Mr.Livingstone for making this a really pleasent stay! Nice memories of Scotland indeed.....will be back again..

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple