“BEST LOCATION in Edinburgh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Capital View Apartments
Ranked #113 of 218 Specialty Lodging in Edinburgh
Reviewed June 9, 2013

No doubt a fantastic location in Edinburgh , After getting over the pushing of our cases up the MOUND from Waverley Street Station, too short a distance to take a taxi After struggling with the door that opened OUT from the building onto North Bank Street, then getting cases up a flight of stairs to the lift . . . .However . . . . Our double bed did NOT come apart in the night and suited us perfectly . The WIFI signal was not very good , but worked on and off . For the TV we had no signal , but that did not bother us ; But enough gripes all the rest was just right , and sooooo handy for everything of interest in Edinburgh . . . would HIGHLY recommend .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed 5 nights in one of the 8th floor apartments. Although the apartment was very clean & comfortable, the bed was UNcomfortable. It was 2 singles held together by latches on both ends. The sides of the beds come together in the middle leaving a bar to lay on. Kinda like our fold out sofas except the bar ran vertically instead of horizontally.
The view was fantastic!! I felt on top of the world or at least on top of the MOUND!! I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend with some friends and we had a fantastic time. The location was perfect and the apartment spacious and comfortable. There were 8 of us staying and there was more than enough room. The views are brilliant and it was a great base to explore the city. It was easy to book and Jill was very good at getting in touch to make sure everything was as we wanted it. I will definitely stay again, we have already decides on the weekend we want to visit again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank helen1154
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My family and I stayed in the penthouse apartment in May. While we were there the weather in Edinburgh was really chilly - but the apartment was always pleasantly warm. It has many things going for it... It is spacious, modern, has a bathroom for each of the three bedrooms and has fantastic views but the best thing is its location. It is right on the Royal Mile a few minutes walk to the Castle, Edinburgh National Gallery and many restaurants, pubs and tourist attractions. Jill was helpful both before and during our stay.
We felt very privileged to stay there and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank noosh03
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had a great time again love to stay at the apartments ideal for everything we need close to all Edinburgh offers , great place to stay it has everything you need plus a beautiful view of the city at great pice , will be back again soon Gary & Lisa Washington

Room Tip: Stayed in both apartments 8a & 8b ideal for a couple
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Me and my 2 daughters stayed for a week in apartment 8B and really loved it... before we came to Edinburgh we had a great communication with Jill the owner and she gave us very good info about how to get to the apartment.... what to see in Edinburgh and over all she was so nice and I really enjoyed changing e-mails with her... all my questions were answered and we arrived to Edinburgh more confident than we would be as first time traveller there :)
As we arrived very late at evening we picked up our keys at the Wash Bar on ground floor in the building. Everything was as described, very nice apartment, clean, well equipped, really good shower/bathroom and we had everything we needed! We really enjoyed our stay with Capital View Apartments.
The staff at Wash bar were so lovely and we're going to miss them... always ready to help if we asked for it :)
I highly recommend Capital View Apartments and I would for sure stay in their apartment again if we come back to Edinburgh!! Thanks Jill for a wonderful time!!! :)

Helga, Freydís and Linda from Iceland :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Helga H
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed in 5B with my 12 year old son for seven nights, starting on March 28, 2013. Many years ago, I lived in Edinburgh while attending university so I knew right off that this was a terrific location. Yes, there is noise. Unless you are planning to stay in a soundproof cave, in the middle of nowhere, there will be noise. While my son has actually slept through a hurricane, I am a very light sleeper. (Just ask the aforementioned son who has been known to attempt to sneak downstairs at home to watch tv past his bedtime.) I was well aware going in that this apartment was above a popular bar (The Wash) and expected I might have to force myself to enjoy a pint or two at night just to get some sleep. To my chagrin, that proved unnecessary. The only sacrifice I had to make was on account of my dear son who does not like mornings and sometimes had to be dragged out of bed. The noise, while audible, was never a problem. The apartment offered a comfortable home away from home. We were able to enjoy breakfast, pack lunches, and enjoy so much of what Edinburgh and the surrounding area offers. The only thing the apartment lacks, is a slow cooker so I could have dinner ready when we got home each night. And if you think that's a serious issue, you've lost your mind.
So the location, price, and amenities are all fabulous. What else? That would be the service which makes the first three pale by comparisson. A very minor issue, one which I would have happily lived with during my stay but alerted them to because I thought they would want to address it prior to the next party, was handled immediately and with absolutely no inconvenience to me and my son. Jill even very kindly offered a detailed itinerary which I'm now anxious to try out when I asked her about Glasgow. The communication was fabulous regarding everything from the initial enquiry right through to leaving the keys on the table as you walk out of the door. And make no mistake, I was sorely tempted to stay as a squatter rather than walk out of the door. Folks, you just don't get this service in hotels.
I'm enlisting a group of friends for a return trip to Capital View Apartments, have specifically recommended it to some people I know who are considering trips to Edinburgh, and have posted about it on my various social media accounts. Is it perfect? Well, no. I've never encountered a place that is. However, it is a place to which I will happily return and encourage others to do the same. And I rarely have loyalty to an accommodation. Between the exceptional service, location, price, and amenities-- Capital View knocks it out of the park.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family