“Not bad for a major city”

Stay in Edinburgh Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Stay in Edinburgh Apartments
Ranked #83 of 215 Specialty Lodging in Edinburgh
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I needed to stay in Edinburgh for a few nights at the beginning of the fringe and during the tattoo, I could not find anything that was affordable, a friend put me on to stay Edinburgh, I have to say that I was impressed, there was not very much going on around the place but it was clean, quiet and easy to get to. If you are with a larger party I would not recommend using the sofa bed as it is like sleeping on a cobbled street! Other than that, the place was great.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Stay in Edinburgh Apartments

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Me and my friends have a 3 days 2 nights stay in this apartment. At first glance, the apartment was looked good and nice.Yet, we quite disappointed with the service they have.

1. They never have any housekeeping service provided during our 2 nights stay.

2. They request fine and charges once we leave our room untidy, but it was just little messy that we didn't tidy up the blanket, plate and glasses. What for the housekeeping is? As they request guest to clean up the room. This was just a very bad and terrible experience I had in my life.I believe the charges they request is reasonable provided they pre-inform us the rules of the stay.

3. Their bed was dirty, hair and those little black spot which I have no idea what it is and its make me scratching my leg because it was damn itchy!

4. Television and some electrical appliance were not function well. As we have to keep heading to the reception to request a new one.

Overall, this apartment was not that good as what they marked it as 4-5 star. It is not worth for what the money value I paid!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here as part of a hen weekend and the apartments were so nice I'd definitely stay here again if I fInd myself in Edinburgh again. Very nice! The only negative thing I'd say is that they should at least provide tea coffee etc, just the basics to start you off. But other than that-great!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We had booked a one bedroom flat for 4. On seeing the apartment we realised it is too small for group of 4 with only one bathroom. Place was done up quite nicely. We approached reception to get an upgrade to a two bedroom but most of the two bedroom partments had only one bathroom. Hence we had to opt for a Town house a bit far from apartments for additional charge of 30 pounds per night. Place was very good for the price. It was best deal we could get for a 4 bedroom , 3 bathroom with kitchen, living room and dining area. Only minus point was there was bell desk service to carry bags so we had to drag them all the way. There are no restaurants but a good kitchen with sufficient items. There are list of items which should be there on arrival, if not found please check with reception otherwise you get charged for these items if they are missing. Good Indian restaurants around will be Kamasutra which about 5-10 minutes drive. Tesco express is about 7 minutes walking from the area. Good Place to stay overall specially if you travelling with family and want to cook you own food. HK service is available for additional 25 pounds if required. Free Wifi is always a bonus. Will surely love to go back to the Town House.

Room Tip: Go for Town Houses. Dont book prior, try for upgrade on arrival by paying a small fee.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2012

There were lots of problems we faced in our room:

1. There were bed bugs due to lack of cleanliness in the room

2. There is no room service. They only provide one toilet paper, which was over, and there was no option of ordering another one.

3. The cooking stove in the kitchen was broken and no engineer available to fix it.

4. As we landed in our room, We were really tired, so one of our friends opened the window and lit a cigarette. One of the managers saw it and we were charged £150 as smoking fine.

5. There is also a £150 fine for noise.

6. There is a £50 fine if you leave your room untidy

6. As you go there, you immidiately have to deposit a £200 security.

In my opinion, it was one of the worst experiences we've ever had. There are so many fines, charges and deposits, that it is impossible to enjoy your holiday if you stay there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank myo_77
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Stayed here for husbands birthday treat and wanted something a bit more special than a bog standard hotel room.
As we were shown to the apartment the alarms bell started ringing! The apartment was located down a dingy back street in a grey, dirty block of flats. The guy who showed us to the place commented how he is always surprised by how quiet it is, even though it's in a central location - at that point I just knew it would be noisy as it seemed an odd thing to say out of the blue!
At first glance the apartment looked good, modern appliances and neat and tidy. HOWEVER, it didnt turn out to be as luxiourious as we thought. On arrival there was no heating on but the whole place was absolutely boiling! We had to open all the windows to try and get fresh air and be able to breath! It turned out that the radiator in the bathroom could not be turned off and was so noisy all day and all night, clanging and banging - we had to kep the door shut and muffle the noise with a towel! The bathroom bin had not been emptied when we arrived and still had the previous guests used sanitary pads in and their dirty bath towels were hanging on the back of the door. Every room had lightbulbs blown making it really dingy and difficult to get ready due to poor light. The kitchen was sparsley equipped and the glasses were chipped. Then it was night time! On returning to the apartment after a lovely meal out for my husbands birthday we realised that we were situated a stones throw from a nightclub! The noise was terrible and so we had to shut the windows - of course then we boiled because of the heat! Not only did we have to contend with the music from the club until 3.30am (slept with Ipods in!) but the club revellers outside of the window, shouting, arguing, being sick in the alley (which we had to walk through the following days to get to the town) and the drug deals taking place right under our noses with shady looking characters coming and going! I realise that with a city centre location you are going to get some noise but this was ridiculous!
The bed was two singles shoved together and although comfortable, not what you would expect for '5*' and the duvet cover had holes in. Other than that it was clean.
Overall, we were really disappointed - these apartments are not 5*!! I had really wanted to have something special for the weekend and felt let down and deceived by the company.
The location was indeed central, but as I said, in a grotty looking block so we had to walk through 'residents' hanging around, drinking on the stairwells etc which made me feel uneasy.
The staff were pleasent and the check in/out process was smooth and easy.
Not a bad place to stay if you just want a place to crash and are impressed with a leather sofa and double shower. Was clean overall but definately should be 3* not 5* as marketed.
Will not return and would definately not recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nadine T
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Functional and clean. Quite modern with a nice bathroom (phew) and you get more or less what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2011