We stayed here the end of March, having stayed elsewhere usually we decided to take advantage of hotel winter sale rooms for £69
We found hotel fairly easily from station, on arriving early we were greeted by 2 lovely girls, I can't remember there names. But were 2 blondes, Scottish and foreign. Both were very helpful in letting us leave our luggage as our room was not ready and giving us a map.
The hotel is in a great location for exploring the city.
We decided to return to hotel to check in after 1430, we were met by a tall guy and foreign girl. Who were not as friendly as the girls earlier. Both looked as though they had had a hard nights partying in them.
We checked in and our room was lovely and modern. Very clean too. You get tea and coffee making facilities in the room along with a packetbof biscuits and hot chocolate. The hot chocolate is lovely.
We used the spa facilities, whilst they are small they do the jib to help you relax. There's steam room sauna swimming pool and a gym. They were never that busy either. Towels are all provided too which is great.
The breakfast at hotel is huge fills you for whole day, was delicious. We didn't use the restaurant in evening unfortunately we had other plans. But the menu was reasonably priced and good selection of food.
I would most certainly visit the hotel again. Most of the staff we came across were friendly and willing to help with anything. The hotel in great location, very modern and very clean. You could always see someone walking about cleaning something.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland