right from check-in the staff could not do enough for you they kept our bags for us as we were down early so our room was not ready and then put them in our room when it was ready. as we were down for the new year celebrations everyone was busy but they took time to tell you about what was going on.
the room was spacious clean and had everything you needed it's not often i manage to sleep all night on a strange bed but managed no problem.
the bathroom what can i say apart from it was great the shower was more like a wet room very roomy the bath which i actually used was brilliant nice and big plenty room for stretching out and relaxing.i forgot to say that there was plenty of hot water not like some places where it often runs out.
the breakfast in the morning was fantastic made to order which pleased my wife as she managed to get porridge i had an arbroath smokie with a poached egg and it was sublime just perfect for the start of the day. the staff were very attentive and courteous tea coffee and toast as soon as you sat down and took your order if you wanted a cooked breakfast.
the bar staff were as good if not better because they could make one of the best mojito i have ever tasted and my wife's french martini she couldn't get enough of them.
the only criticism i would have is the seating in the bar area was not very comfortable but apart from that our overall experience was excellent and we will certainly stay there again
and recommend it to our friends. i would just like to thank the staff and management for making our stay very pleasureable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland