“What a great hotel!”

Apex Waterloo Place Hotel
Ranked #33 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I've stayed at my fair share of hotels and this one really struck me as a lovely place. A perfectly contemporary design, not too crazy, not to conservative. Efficient staff withthe right level of courtesy. A great sauna/steam room/swimming pool. Good breakfast and a very central location. Not sure what more you'd need in a hotel! I can;t tick the value box as I had my room paid for but I think it wasn't unreasonable. If I had the opportunity to pick my place to stay in the 'burgh I'd pick the Apex Waterloo!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed November 29, 2009

myself and my wife went to edinburgh for a weekend break and decided to stay at the apex waterloo,The staff were really good as was the breakfast,as for the rooms there is no heating in any of the bathrooms and they are so so cold you don,t want to go in,the windows are old sash type but not double glazed so there,s a constant draught we were staying in a room which was on the front street and the room was freezing even with the temp, on full and it never got any warmer for our whole stay,there was no full length mirror in the room which the wife wasn,t to happy about as she got ready before hitting george st, One more thing the noise is bad you would think the windows were open you may have to pay a little more but if you want comfort, warmth,peace and quiet great rooms great location and a great spa go to THE SCOTSMAN

Reviewed November 29, 2009

This was a brilliant hotel. It was our first time to Edinburgh so wanted something central. This was the perfect location with everything in walking distance. The rooms were well furnished, modern and very clean. We had a standard Delux room which was more than suitable for a weekend break. We were fortunate to be on the same floor as the spa and were impressed by the facilities on offer. We didn't eat in the restaurant but did have the breakfast, which was cheeper to pre-pay and very nice. All in all I was very impressed with this hotel and would definately return and recommend to friends. Do shop around for rates as they do vary.

Reviewed November 29, 2009

Had one night stay at Apex for theatre break and was not disappointed, please someone tell me the make of pillows and mattreses because hands down they are the most comfortable beds I have EVER slept in!!!

Only gripes is bar a bit pricey, £8.10 for 2 vodkas and coke a bit excessive but apart from that staff, location etc was excellent

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2009

I spent a very pleasant evening staying here last week - I will definitely return when I come to Edinburgh on business again as it is the best hotel I've stayed in (in this price bracket) in Edinburgh. It is extremely conveniently located for the rail station and is literally a 2 minute walk away.

The staff on reception and in the dining room were helpful and efficient. The room was immaculately clean and very tastefully designed. The bed was super comfy and the linen felt really luxurious and crisp. I had a cocktail in the bar downstairs - the cocktail was well-made and the bar was a pleasant, chilled spot to meet a friend. Breakfast was very nice too and there were plenty of options to suit all tastes (I found it hard to decide what to have!). The free wi-fi was a great perk - when I decide between hotels, free wi-fi is always a deciding factor and I really like the fact that it was included here. Internet access was fast and easy.

My only regret is that I didn't have time to try out the spa, which is downstairs - access was apparently included in the price of my room and I would really have liked to get a chance to relax there. If it was as nice as the rest of my experience at this hotel, I missed a treat!

All in all, I found it a real treat to stay here - a bargain at the price. I will definitely be back. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights with grown up son to see a bit of Edinburgh. Hotel was lovely and in perfect location. Enjoyed the pool and steam room. One downside was we had no fridge in our room and though I told reception twice nothing happened. On checking out receptionist didn't know why we didn't have a fridge but gave no apology. Also I had to pay for my "complimentary " newspaper. Apparently only the Scotsman is free.

• Stayed: November 2009
2  Thank MrsCJJ
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Spent an Anniversary Evening at this Hotel, and was not disappointed. Had a Deluxe Room, which exceeded expectations, and although we were not meant to check in until 1430, our room was available at 1130. Which was ideal.
Reception Staff were very accomodating, and could not do enough. One , minor, gripe. I ordered Champagne and Strawberries to be in the room after the afternoon shopping,however,upon return, had to ring Room Service to arrange this. Which was less of a surprise to my Wife!
Leisure facilities/Spa were Fantatic.
All in all, thoroughly enjoyed time at Hotel, and will return, for a longer stay in the future.