What can I say... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this hotel. And what sets it apart for the rest? The staff.
Nothing is too much trouble, everyone is welcoming and friendly and nothing is too much trouble... honestly!
Site reception is clean and bright, the bar is cosy and relaxing. The standard rooms are nice, newly refurbished and all the rooms have tea making facilities with easy to use kettles without fiddly cords. You can make fresh coffee in your own room with clever little coffee filters. The complementary toiletries are Elemis. The beds are super comfortable. I have stayed over a dozen times and have yet to find a less than favourable room. In the superior rooms, the baths free-standing and deep, perfect for a long leisurely soak. There's even a rubber duck you can take home if you wish! There are little touches as well in both standard and superior rooms, such as complementary water, both still and sparkling. And the breakfast?!!!!! Wow. The eggs benedict and the scrambled eggs are great, but my favourite? The banana bread - made fresh every morning, just perfect with a cup of their filtered coffee. I just wish they had take-away cups so I could take the coffee to work as it knocks the socks off Starbucks! Great place, great hotel, superb staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland