We booked the Apex Waterloo Place in Edinburgh for a family night out and overnight stay after having stayed there previously. The hotel was clean, luxurious and right in the heart of the city. We arrived a bit earlier than the specified check-in time with the view to leaving our bags with reception, however, to our delight all 3 rooms were ready for us!!! Our rooms were exceptionally well appointed and on the same level as the pool, spa and steam room although only my daughter and her boyfriend made good use of them. Although not having seen this area for myself, my daughter reassures me that they were delighted with both the facilities available and the cleanliness. We all received excellent service from the friendly staff, enjoyed a lovely breakfast from an extensive menu and had a thoroughly good stay in the hotel. Couldn't fault it in any way!! What makes this hotel a wee bit more special than most is that its actually owned and run by a family.... far more superior than some of the larger well known chains that most of us would associate with this calibre of hotel. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing a hotel in Edinburgh!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland