On arrival we were greeted by friendly, pleasant staff who provided key card and wifi code for room. No £10 voucher was provided even though this was booked directly through the Apex website. Room was comfortable with nice big bed and adequate room to move about in. We did not use the bath or walk in shower as there was body hairs belonging to the previous occupants so decided to use the showers down at the swimming pool instead after we had our swim. Would have liked to have used the shower however did not feel it was my job to be cleaning a shower that I did not use. Not a nice view looking out of the window however this was not really an issue as did not spend a great deal in the room. Went for afternoon tea which was great not loads to eat but was very filling and staff that attended to us were very polite and friendly we also had the dining room to ourselves. Went for a swim on the day of arriving and on the day of departure and we also had this to ourselves, my daughter really loved the pool, nice soft towels to use afterwards and Elemis toiletries to get washed with. Could not wait for an enjoyable sleep after a long night and used the black out curtains, however was woken at about 7 with doors banging in the corridor this went on to about 8.30 so did not get a long lie before our journey home. All in all the hotel is nice but needs a few tweaks with cleanliness in bathroom and try to get some sort of door closure to prevent banging of doors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland