It was my 1st time in Edinburgh and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Upon arrival at the hotel our room wasnt ready, even though we had requested an early check in. So we left our contact details and the hotel were to ring us once the room was ready. We wondered around the city and we were shattered after an early morning flight. By 4pm the hotel had still not contacted us regarding our room so we decided to go back and see if the room was ready. When we went to reception the room was ready this time but I was annoyed that the receptionist hadnt bothered to contact us. It seemed like an inconvience for him and he wasnt overly friendly.
The bed was very comfortable but the room was small in size and it overlooked a back alleyway.The room was however absolutely spotless.
The breakfast was the best part of our stay. It was amazing. We were left waiting for about 10minutes to be seated but it was worth the wait. There was a great selection of food to choose from all of which was very fresh and super tasty.
In relation to location the hotel is perfect. In Edinburgh things are quite well spread out so be prepared and bring your walking shoes.
We stayed for 3 nights and following our departure there was an issue with the preauthorisation taken from our credit card. It took a couple of weeks before this was resolved and it was quite frustrating.
Overall I ejoyed our stay but I probably wouldnt rush back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland