The hotel was in a perfect location for guests arriving by train, only 5-10 minute walk from Waverley Station. Situated in the new town but only a short walk to the historic part of the city.
The staff were very accommodating and friendly and although we arrived too early to check in they took our bags and set up a text message to be sent when the room was ready which was a nice touch!
The room itself was spacious, beautifully decorated and immaculately clean, as was the hotel in general. The spa was a great asset and was great to relax in the sauna/jacuzzi after a long day sightseeing!
We didn't eat in the restaurant but enjoyed drinks in the bar on both nights which had a great atmosphere and attentive staff.
All in all I would say this a great hotel to stay for a weekend break if you're looking for a really comfortable room and somewhere a bit special with nice details.
If I could fault it in any way, the only negative I could mention would be that the shower was quite cold and the view wasn't great (overlooks a courtyard), however these are only minor details which in truth didn't affect our stay there at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland