We stayed in a Superior Double room for one midweek night in November. The location of the hotel is great for Princes' St shopping, George St nightlife and Royal Mile sightseeing.
Upon arriving, the decor of the lobby gives an insight into the modern, boutique style of the hotel. The staff were helpful and friendly. Our booking was incorrectly entered as a City Room but this was quickly rectified once we produced our booking confirmation.
The room itself was large, with bed, bedside cabinets, iPod/iPhone dock/alarm clock/charger, 2 seater sofa, LCD TV, minibar and tea/coffee making facilities. The bathroom was also large with deep bath, twin sinks and separate large shower cubicle. It was all extremely clean and both the bedroom and bathroom had big windows facing out onto the side of the hotel, overlooking the back entrance to Waverley Train Station.
We brought our own champagne with us and, after calling room service, a bucket of ice was delivered in under ten minutes! Additionally, we asked the concierge twice to order cabs and both arrived quickly after only ten minutes!
The concierge down stairs was also very good and friendly too. We ordered a cab at night to take us to dinner. She called one and showed interest in our destination for dinner, giving recommendation of what to try. Next morning, when we also asked her to order a cab to the airport she asked how dinner was and wished us a good trip. Nice little touches that cost nothing but make guests feel welcome and at home.
Having stayed in all Apex hotels in Edinburgh and Dundee, I knew what to expect with the chain's reputation - upmarket rooms at great prices. The newer Waterloo Place certainly did not disappoint and we'll definitely stay there again when visiting the capital overnight. Friendly staff, spotless rooms and great location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the city centre to the East of Princes Street, this historic building combines traditional features with contemporary style. This four star deluxe hotel has 186 stylish en-suite rooms with widescreen LCD TV, large desk, free Wi-Fi and local calls, ground coffee and selected teas, luxury toiletries, iron and ironing board. Other facilities include Elliot's Bar and Restaurant, Events space for up to 184, and a Spa. The spa's pool, sauna and gym are free to guests and a range of Elemis spa treatments can be booked in the single and couples treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland