“Fabulous authentic italian”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The restaurant has a real buzz and the waiters are very helpful and the food is fantastic. Real home made italian food. not too expensive either.

CiaoRomaManagement, Owner at bar italia, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to Bar Italia. Thank you for your comments & we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went as a group of 7 which became 8 after we arrived and the staff were accomodating and happy to move tables around to make sure we would all fit.
The staff are a credit to the restaurant and added to the enjoyment of the night, by providing a welcoming jovial atmosphere and including all guests in the dining experience.

I had the Crostini Mitsi which I enjoyed and this was followed by a veal dish. I had assumed that the meat would be more tender than it actually was but it otherwise very nice.

Everyone in our group had dessert with most choosing the homemade ice cream. ANd nobody had a bad world to say about any of the food,

With ejoyable food and excellent service this is a restaurant that could easily become a favourite and the more the merrier.

CiaoRomaManagement, Owner at bar italia, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to Bar Italia. Thank you for your comments & we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I moved to Edinburgh two years ago and because of my job, I move often and do not have much time to cook by myself, so most of the time people will see me eating out. Already been to Bar Italia few times in the past and never been disappointed. The food is very good and the service always friendly and professional. Seems that they are improving all the time because this time was just better. The food was well presented and the taste superb, the service faultless. I really enjoy dine here and even if I move a lot, I will never miss the chance to visit Bar Italia. Thank you guys to let me spend my hard earned cash in such pleasant way.

CiaoRomaManagement, Owner at bar italia, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

I am pleased to hear you like to visit Bar Italia & enjoy your time there. Thank you for your comments & we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I went here with my friend for a quick bite to eat after work. We both had pizza which were a good size and tasty. Staff were lovely - it is always nice to speak to someone from Italy in an Italian restaurant. Atmosphere was slightly low as it was very quiet but we did visit very early in the evening.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to Bar Italia. Thank you for your comments & we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Booked a table for a meal before a trip to the theatre. Firstly, the staff were very friendly and helpful to our table which included four young children. This was appreciated. However, the kitchen was clearly on a go slow (because the place certainly wasn't that busy) as our food took ages to come. We had to ask about our main courses twice, so concerned were we that we would miss the start to our show. We didn't have time for dessert.

The food was nothing special and I've certainly had much tastier Italian meals in other Edinburgh restaurants. Had calzone which was very watery. The broccoli which was supposed to be in my wife's pasta looked and tasted suspiciously like spinach! The kids pizzas were okay though.

Just expected much better from an authentic Italian like this. Very disappointing.

3  Thank Kevin L

I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your visit to Bar Italia. Unfortunately the issues with the food (calzone/pasta) were not pointed out to us while you were in the restaurant to allow us to rectify any problems - I realise time was an issue here also so understand why these issues were not raised at the time. Your comments have been noted & will be used to improve our service & overall restaurant experience. Thank you for your feedback.