TripAdvisor

Ranked #639 of 3,025 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Neighborhood: West End
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went for tea on saturday night.
Service was excellent
Food was hot, fresh and tasty
Plenty choice for meat eaters, vegan or veggie
Good prices

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (237)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked Wildwood last minute for a Friday night meal for 8 people. Given how they fit us all in I had reservations but I was pleasantly surprised!

The welcome was friendly. Everyone had a good meal and the portions were pretty generous. The cocktails were also decent and good value!

Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

Eating on my own and headed here as discount offered due to hotel I was staying at . Four stars because of pleasant and charming waiting staff . As usual in these places should not choose prawns but I cannot resist . Spaghetti sauce nice and spicy and Eton Mess sundae pretty good . Did not have high expectations but you get what you pay for .

Reviewed August 27, 2019

Back to Edinburgh, and come back to Wildwood. I been few times at Liverpool Wildwood, but as long as the decor is aoustanding the food and service far away from this branch. Come back on bank holiday weekend so town was busy. Come to Wildwood and find out no pizza, oven is broken, Shame. But we still steped in and even with no pizza or other few dishes not on the menu, we still enjoyed it our food. Pasta peri peri chicken - delicious. Lemon sundae thats what i needed. Food good. Service friendly. Will be back !

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

My friend and I visited here for a late dinner after seeing Craig Hill at the Fringe Festival. It looked very empty but we noticed that there was a sign on the door saying that the ovens had broken so some food would not be cooked unfortunately (e.g. pizzas, oven-based meals). We still went in as there was plenty other choices. I had the ravioli and my friend had the steak - both were delicious! We also had a sundae each, that really filled us up! Had two cocktails as well and the total pricing was relatively good, medium pricing for a place on Lothian Road. Location wise it is fantastic and it is busy but it is away from Princes Street where it is even more busy. Buses were aplenty on that road. Such a shame the ovens had broken especially during the Fringe Festival as this would have had a big impact on their income! Recommend this place, food was tasty and service was good.

Date of visit: August 2019