“its Ok”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Not really a restaurant experience, you order chicken and decide how hot you want it. Liked the refills though. Probably won't try Nandos again.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I am addicted to Nandos! I visit Fountain Park Nandos regularly and the staff are always very friendly and happy to help. The red pepper dip is a must!!

1  Thank Kelly F
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The restaurant wasn't all that clean with the tables sticky from the diners before and bits of food on the floor.

The greeter was good at explaining the menu and was very friendly but I didn't like that you had to order everything from the counter. You pour your own soft drinks which is fine but it just all seemed a bit messy. The food arrived and the order was wrong but they quickly corrected it. The food was fine but it's just chicken, nothing particularly special. I found that the food was a bit over priced for what it was.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This Nandos looks quite nice from the outside and it seemed busy enough, so we decided to give it a try.

The "greeter" led us quickly to a table in a very perfunctory fashion. I immediately felt as though our arrival was just an inconvenience A number of young waiting staff were standing around chatting to each other. It was obvious that they preferred to chat to one another than wait on customers. Maybe it was the boss's night off?

The first thing that struck me was how greasy the surface of the table was. I then noticed that the adjacent tables and everything else aaround the restaurant was covered in the same greasy film. I tried to avoid touching the table-top, because it felt unclean. Nandos really need to use hot water and detergent to tackle the grease that forms on surfaces if they want to cook chicken in an open-plan kitchen.

After having the bizarre ordering system explained to us - pre-pay at the counter despite numerous waiting staff standing around doing basically nothing - we were presented with a chicken that had clearly been slaughtered at a young age or had been an a strict diet!

The piri piri marinade just made the chicken skin slightly spicy, without actually flavouring the meat, but we were able to help ourself to various sauces to make up for this lack of taste. They weren't that nice, though. They were either tasteless or too hot - no happy medium.

The free refills on the soft drinks seemed like a good idea, but we had to dispense the drinks ourself from the drinks machine at the other end of the restaurant - about 40 metres away - and they tasted over-diluted. This may be a stratgy to put people off refilling them!

Now that I've tried Nandos, I'm struggling to understand why it always seems so popular. I'd much rather have a simple, honest, cheap KFC takeaway deal with a can of cola.

I won't be going back to this or any other Nandos.

1  Thank abarthman
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Food is OK, reasonably tasty, well cooked but it's far too expensive for what it is..

Place is always full of folk who think they're in a episode of TOWIE etc.. Cringeworty

Go once and you'll never want to go back, £20 a head for a starter, main and a drink is ridiculous! More so when you get your own cuttlery, order your own food, get your own drinks etc...

Mass produced franchise yad