“Nice wee stop in the old town!”
Review of The World's End

The World's End
Ranked #137 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Old Town
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice wee stop in the old town!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Visited Edinburgh to see the Lion King at the Playhouse, and popped into the worlds end on the way back to the hotel (travelodge around the corner). After Cocktails in one place, and a lager in another, it was great to find somewhere a little more to my liking. Nice décor, Sports on TV, a bit of music but nothing 'dancy' and real cask ale available which was nice (went for one called 'worlds end'). Interesting to see all of the different currency nailed up across the bar from the tourists. Found the staff to be friendly. We weren't here for long because we arrived pretty close to closing time, but I would definitely visit again.

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Its not the end of the world. ”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed with the standard of food. It's not to expensive and the service was very friendly. I would definitely recommend it if your looking for decent meal for reasonable price.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Lovely lunch stop”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stopped into the Worlds End for lunch on New Year's day, in the middle of the Old Town Scot:Lands scavenger hunt on a cold, rainy afternoon. Got seated and waited on promptly, and had a lovely bowl of soup with bread and a serving of chips along with a pint of cider. Good food, friendly service, and lots of great atmosphere. If I lived in Edinburgh, this pub would become a favorite haunt.

• Visited December 2013
“BE WARNED - FOOD IS MICROWAVED”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This isn't some bitter person making things up about the restaurant, this is the truth. The food is stored in little plastic pots and then warmed up in the microwave. Don't get me wrong, the presentation afterwards it ok and I understand why people are fooled into thinking its made up fresh but I took my boyfriend here for his bday, we thought we'd try and enjoy a nice Scottish meal before the bells (his bday is on the 31st) and we got a seat right infront of the kitchen door, I could see the chefs putting the food in the microwave! Its £12.00 for a microwave meal! That's ridiculous.

Not only that but my food was freezing cold in the middle and although the staff were apologetic and the chef brought me out a new meal and it was taken off my bill (so I should have thought though!), I was sitting waiting for my new microwaved meal whilst my boyfriend finished his bday meal. The whole experience was not pleasant at all. I'd read the reviews thinking it would be a nice meal to enjoy before the bells. I feel cheated that the pub can actually charge what they do for microwaved slop. Very disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Jamiebonbons
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Ok food but good service”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Tried this place and find it nice atmosphere. Service was good too even being very busy for new year but food wasnt really upto our expectations.
Might try again for another go.

• Visited January 2014