“Just don't bother”

Ranked #367 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Brisbane
“Just don't bother”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

There is nothing positive to say about is place I'm afraid. It's abundantly clear the owners don't care, or simply don't take pride, in their business.

Toilet broken, sink tap doesnt turn off, pillows wafer thin, bed so uncomfortable it's almost sarcastic, curtains covered in brown grime, wall paper peeling, lamps grubby and missing bits from the shade.

And this B&B doesn't serve breakfast.

Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BrisbaneRunner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Dirty, scummy,mouldy bathroom with a badly cracked toilet seat ,that was shared by us crossing the main reception. Not nice when you are in your PJ's and the door to the outside is propped open. Dirty carpets, No milk or spoons with the tea making facilities. Blinds that covered the windows but stood 2" away from them. Chipped paint, grubby wallpaper, no parking, cobwebs a foot long. Bathroom not cleaned whilst we were there. Beds made only once with holes in linen.
For a family room with no breakfast costing £257 and a view from the window that could be used as a location shot for a 'Get me out of here' show. Needless to say I would not recommend this to anyone een the animals at te zoo

Room Tip: Dont go at al to this place
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brenda E

Travelers are raving about these Edinburgh hotels

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Booked here to take my daughter to the Zoo which is only a 2min drive away and the price for a twin room suited my pocket at £40 for one nite,although breakfast was not a given option.The girl at reception was friendly and helpfull. The room was clean and warm but in need of re-decoration, walls are grubby, cracked floor tiles in the en-suite. Tea and coffee were in ample supply.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is by far the worst guest house or B&B I've been in a 2 weeks trip accross Scotland. To be fair, it would not seem so terrible if the price was -50%, but I think 89£ for a room with no bathroom, no breakfast, very noisy (high traffic road), poorly furnished and 2miles away from town center is far too much. Actually we had another B&B just minutes away (The Avenue, on Murrayfield Avenue, that I would recommand) where we had a lovely stay for only 60£ / night (+ an excellent breakfast); too bad they had room only for one night !
The staff (actually one girl) is kind and helpfull though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Oban
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Very disappointed in this guest house which was booked at the last minute admittedly so the prices were hiked up to £120 per room. Saying that, there are certain standards which should be expected no matter what time of year or budget you have.
The two stars are given due to the friendly and helpful receptionist and the beds which were clean and comfortable. I'll be writing a formal letter to complain about everything else. Firstly don't be fooled by the advert for parking; there are only two spots available so unless you are early you probably won't get one. The room was really dated, believe me not as they look in pictures. Our wardrobe door was hanging off and the chest of drawers was broken too. Curtains, carpet and wall paper all very shabby. The shower head was broken so you had to hold it out of the water jetted against the wall. Also the water didn't drain away properly. The dining room was out of bounds and we didn't go for the breakfast on offer. All in all, given that we arrived at 3pm, had to vacate by 10.30am and had to pay the extremely high price for a below standard room we were very disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Port Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

I paid nearly 100 quid for one night here. The Hotel Inspector programme could do well by visiting. Really shabby guesthouse, peeling wallpaper and badly furnished. Not even a breakfast included in that price. I live in Glasgow and had gone through for the night for the Madonna concert so I picked it to be near Murrayfield. To tell u the truth I would have been better going home. I travel all over Europe and I am ashamed to say that my own capital city offers the worst value anywhere. This guest house is a typical example of bad value for money

Stayed July 2012
3 Thank th0mgall
Aberdeenshire
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Picked this B+B as we're going to a concert at Murrayfield + it's only a 5 minute walk away. Was annoyed that the price had been bumped up nearly double just cos a concert was on but anyway .... You have to pay for your room on arrival and if you pay by card, there is a extra charge of just over 2% on top. The card reader wasn't working, so hubby went to get cash.

We were in a double room with the private facilities. Room was ok, too hot (I know it's Scotland but heating off in July please) !!! Didn't use the shower, looked old, hubby said it was ok but I waited til we got home. Parking, we parked round the corner as there were no spaces outside the house, which was fine.

Free wifi is available here and details of which connection to use and password is available at reception.

Walls are very thin and we could hear the people above us and along the hall, having conversations when they came in.

We did get free continental breakfast which consisted of cereal, juice, yoghurt and croissant.

Would we stay here again if we were at a concert at Murrayfield again - hubby says yes, I say no!!! Felt grubby and had to wash my hair when I got home!!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple