“A true 💎”

Ranked #14 of 251 Quick Bites in Edinburgh
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Gasping for a cup of tea my husband and I stumbled upon this wonderful tea room just off the High Street down a small alley. When we entered we were transcended into a traditional Scottish tearoom staffed by two wonderful ladies who prepared our treats. We opted for a Cream tea and a Toastie and both were freshly prepared and served to us at our tablecloth (like my Gran’s) lined table for two. It was wonderful and a great memory maker! Thanks ladies! We will be back

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (231)

Reviewed August 21, 2019

We found out about Forsyth's from the reviews on TA. The place is a real treasure. Located in an out of the way medieval alley right off the Royal Mile, it oozes charm. I second all who praise the proprietress for her down to earth charm and easy ways. And the food was as deliscious as it looks.

Do also take a look at the little doilies she makes - we bought 4 as gifts and one for ourselves (see picture)

You will feel as though you've found something off the beaten track

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank LivesInNewJersey
Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

On our last day in Edinburgh we came across this wonderful old worldly tea room,
I wish we had seen it earlier,l had breakfast cooked fresh by Christina Forsyth herself what a lovely gentle lady with a soft spoken Scottish accent,we had a great conversation and some stories of old,she gave us a little gift that she had knitted herself and some chocolate bars for our journey home.I never knew any of my grandmothers but I hope they would have been like this lady,
I’ll definitely be going back to Edinburgh and dropping into Forsyths Tea Rooms.
Thanks Christina for this memory..

3  Thank errolf582
Reviewed July 12, 2019

Found this enchanting little tearoom just off the Royal Mile. It was like going back in time! Lovely welcome and relaxing atmosphere! Good choices for Breakfast, Lunch or cakes!
Very clean Food made to order.
Will definitely be back and will tell all my friends to go there too.

1  Thank maureen6602017
Reviewed July 12, 2019

Whilst showing friends the sights of Edinburgh, we alighted the open top bus and immediately noticed the sign for Forsyth's Tea Room and as I love and operate a tea room myself, was drawn..... What a fantastic experience.... Christine was brilliant, me I fear in 20 years time.... my friend, her granddaughter and I had an afternoon tea each and had a thoroughly wonderful time.... thank you....

1  Thank mumsofmontrose3