“Little Gem”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: New Town
Reviewed April 1, 2013

If you're fancying a steak night in Edinburgh look no further than this amazing little restaurant. Could not fault the food, service, ambience and staff. Incredible starters - black pudding with caramelised apple topped with bacon, partner had salmon and creme fraiche crostini with capers and dill. Rib eye and sirloin steaks for mains cooked to perfection with amazing skinny fries topped with scrumptious blue cheese, cream and whiskey sauce. Long time since i've tasted steaks as nice as these. Equally as long since tempted for a third course but could not resist home made whiskey, honey and oatmeal ice cream followed by a generous splash of Highland Park single malt to finish off a perfect night. Thank you for an amazing dining experience. Will definitely be back!!

There are newer reviews for Wildfire

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Steak was enjoyable but not outstanding. A little cramped for big groups but acceptable. Worth going to if you are in the area but I wouldn't rate this place as a must go to destation.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend ate here last night and quite simply - go. I had king prawns cooked in wine and garlic to start and my partner had the chowder. Both were delicious. We both had the rib-eye and I can honestly say it was the nicest steak I have ever tasted. Melt in your mouth is an understatement! Lovely selection of red wine and decently priced. Opted for a Shiraz which was recommended by the staff and it was an excellent choice. I ended with the cheese board which had a cheddar, a Stilton and a Brie. Served with grapes and more than enough oatcakes. My partner had the sticky toffee pudding with ice cream and I thought he may lick the bowl clean. Staff very attentive and a good laugh. I will be back here every month and I
Urge you to do the same. Don't change a thing Wildfire!!!

1  Thank Emma133
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I visited the restaurant after discovering it following a walk down Rose Street on our last nights stay in Edinburgh (26/03/13) and from reading and seeing a large amount of positive reviews on tripadvisor. Booking is essential as it is only a very small restaurant, but I see this as a good thing, small, intimate environment. My wife ordered the king prawn starter, and I ordered the haggis starter. Both were delicious. We then ordered steaks, fillet and a ribeye. Both were cooked perfectly as requested. The ribeye steak in particular was incredible, and with no exaggeration, probably the best I've ever had. Throughout the meal the staff were friendly and attentive, and leaving with very warm coats was a nice touch. I couldn't recommend Wildfire enough and intend on visiting again in May.

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife, daughter and I enjoyed an outstanding meal here. The food is some of the best we have ever had, a fabulous menu, absolutely perfectly cooked and made with the finest and very freshest ingredients. The wine was great too.
The staff are friendly, professional, knowledgeable and take a great deal of pride in looking after their guests.
Wildfire thoroughly deserves its rating amongst the top restaurants in the capital so I would advise to book in advance.