“Lovely!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: New Town
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We visited one cold Saturday night. We had steak and it was delicious and cooked perfectly. The service was great - attentive without being over-bearing. A busy little place - many people were turned away at the door as they had not booked. A cosy, unpretentious atmosphere and really good food. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

First time visit to Wildfire and we weren't disappointed. Great atmosphere, homely and very welcoming. Attention to customers 1st class. Slight hiccup with my main course but this was addressed immediately and the staff could not have been more helpful. If you're looking for great food and service....look no further. Thanks Wildfire staff.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We visited Wildfire with friends, we prebooked a table beforehand, I would suggest prebooking as its a small restaurant. The waiter who served us was very friendly. The steaks were cooked all to our liking. The only dislike i have is whenever the front door opened all the cold come in and seen as they sat us by the door. so if we wasnt we wouldnt have felt the cold so much. It isnt a restaurant i would go back to if i was in Edinburgh.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have been here a number of times, and decided to book here before going to the threatre, we booked a week in advance, and was offered a table at 5.15 which suited us just fine.... The food was to the usual high standard, and service was second to none.... we had the haggis to start, followed by steak, which was cooked to perfection....also ordered was the lamb shank, which i was told was delightful., and i think the clean plates spoke volumns....The wine list has something for all tastes, we have always went for the murphys shriaz, and have never beed disapointed. This restaurant is very qaint, and i think by the number of people that they have to turn away on a nightly basis says it all.they even have had to put a sign on the door, to stay that there fully booked...... If your in edinburgh, and love great cooked steak,. then head up rose street and try getting a table here...well worth every penny.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I’ll start by saying that I rarely leave reviews, unless an establishment has really impressed me.

My wife and I had a wonderful dining experience at the Wildfire.

The restaurant was warm and cosy and our waiter was very attentive and courteous.

To start I had mussels and my wife had king prawns, we both followed with rib eye steak.

The mussels were the best I have eaten outside of France. The steak was the best I’ve ever had, worldwide!

According to my wife, the king prawns were cooked to perfection.

We enjoyed a very reasonable priced bottle of rose champagne with our meals.

Unfortunately, although very tempted, we were too full to sample the desserts.

The only bad thing about the Wildfire is; they are a five hour drive from us!

Next time we’re in Edinburgh, we will without doubt be back!