“Home for home”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: New Town
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The food is great, the staff very friendly and can not do enough to make your visit an enjoyable one.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,098)

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We first visited Wildfire two years ago and wondered whether it would be as good as we remembered it. It was! The restaurant is very small so it pays to book. Service is friendly and efficient and the steaks are really delicious. The food and drinks were good value. It's certainly a restaurant that we will return to again when visiting Edinburgh.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Staying just around the corner, we stumbled across wildfire and decided to eat there that evening. We were very lucky to get a table on a cold and wet Wednesday night, so book in advance!

The restaurant is quite small inside making it a cosy and personal atmosphere. Food was excellent, with us both rooting for fish over the steaks, purely be because we both intended to eat fish that evening. The steaks looked amazing.

Great value for money and service made this the best meal we had during our 3 night stay in Edinburgh. I even saved room for dessert.

Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

We went here yesterday for our engagmemt meal along with my Sister who lives in Edinburgh. We booked a table for the lunch time special deal and had three courses for just under 16 pound each. Not only is this out standing value for money but i can honestly say, it ranked amongst one of the best meals my partner and I have ever eaten... And we've eaten in some amazing places all over the world! I had mussels to start with, mixed seafood gratin for main and pudding of the day to follow which was sticky toffee pudding with cream. My Sister and I shared a bottle of red too, the whole experiance was perfect for our celebration from the romantic, candle lit setting to the excellent service provided by our waiter. He also talked us the directions over the phone when we became lost and late in the pouring rain, stayed open late for us and put a choice of our music on when we was left dining last, past closing time!!! Amazing, a must visit whilst in Edinburgh and we will be back again! Thank you Wildfire!!! Xx

1  Thank Banner2000
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We decided on a last minute weekend trip to Edinburgh this weekend with just a few days notice. We rang Wildfire to see if they could fit us in anywhere & we managed to get in on the Friday night. OMG i am so glad they did. There was myself & my husband dining & we both thoroughly enjoyed both our meals.

I had the haggis for a starter & my husband had the pate. They were both really beautiful. The haggis was so delicious but the portion was so large i couldnt eat it all as i was scared i wouldnt be able to eat my main course.

We both ate the fillet steak with the blue cheese sauce & i had mine with the wildfire mash. It was the best steak ever & cooked to perfection. We both loved them. So so delicious, i just cant recommend this place enough.

It was a shame we were so full because the desserts looked amazing. Maybe next time!

Its a small restaurant but the ambience is lovely & cosy. Just make sure you book in advance.

1  Thank youngy23