We booked Millers 64 after reading about it in the Sunday Times and the rave reviews on this site. We were somewhat disappointed. We stayed in the garden room which is lovely and spacious with a huge bathroom and the bed was very comfortable. There is an amount of traffic noise from the road but we've stayed on Pilrig Street before and expected it. Breakfast, unfortunately, was very disappointing. Firstly, I dont 'do chat' in the mornings and hated sharing the single table with the four other guests. There were no newspapers. The quality of the food itself was generally fair, but it had quite obviously been cooked earlier and re-heated for us coming downstairs- I dont understand why is this necessary when there are only six guests nor why we had to order the evening before. The porridge was fine but the portion verging on miserly. The french toast was barely edible; it didn't take too kindly to the microwave, I guess. We certainly weren't encouraged to have cereal and a cooked breakfast - the plates arrived seconds after we sat down. Oh, and toast was a help yourself affair. We have stayed at better, and considerably cheaper B&Bs on the same road and will do again. Dont believe the hype!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh, Millers64 offers unique bed and breakfast accommodation in an extensively upgraded beautiful Victorian house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Millers 64 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millers 64 Hotel Edinburgh
- Millers 64 Edinburgh, Scotland