“lovely room but shame about the breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Millers 64

Millers 64
Ranked #84 of 444 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Nottingham, England
“lovely room but shame about the breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

We booked Millers 64 after reading about it in the Sunday Times and the rave reviews on this site. We were somewhat disappointed. We stayed in the garden room which is lovely and spacious with a huge bathroom and the bed was very comfortable. There is an amount of traffic noise from the road but we've stayed on Pilrig Street before and expected it. Breakfast, unfortunately, was very disappointing. Firstly, I dont 'do chat' in the mornings and hated sharing the single table with the four other guests. There were no newspapers. The quality of the food itself was generally fair, but it had quite obviously been cooked earlier and re-heated for us coming downstairs- I dont understand why is this necessary when there are only six guests nor why we had to order the evening before. The porridge was fine but the portion verging on miserly. The french toast was barely edible; it didn't take too kindly to the microwave, I guess. We certainly weren't encouraged to have cereal and a cooked breakfast - the plates arrived seconds after we sat down. Oh, and toast was a help yourself affair. We have stayed at better, and considerably cheaper B&Bs on the same road and will do again. Dont believe the hype!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank wwm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Livermore, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

Having chosen this B & B venue based on previous reviews, I wanted to make sure and add my comments. This facility exceeded my expectations and the hosts were warm and very helpful. Louise and her family answered my questions, helped advise me on places to visit and provided a scumptious breakfast that was prepared on time and hot every morning! My room was beautiful, the bed was warm and cozy and the location made it easy to walk to The Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle or hail a taxi to explore. Louise's family even had their homemade, mouth-watering raspberry preserves available for purchase! I can't wait to come back for a visit if nothing more than to see the Louise and her family again. Simply the BEST!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

The house is lovely and very stylishly decorated, on first appeances I was really pleased with my choice. However the bedroom we stayed in was very noisey as its next to a very busy road and the blinds let the sunlight in at 5am which woke us both up. The rooms could really do with thick curtains to keep the traffic and the sunlight out. The breakfast was lovely and Louise is a very good host, I was annoyed howevr that we could not leave our bags as we had previosuly agreed with her. Perhaps this was because I had mentioned the curtains!? Overall, lovely but it doesn't in my opinion live up to the hype of the other reviews.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
scotsgal67, Owner at Millers 64, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
Thank you for your review, we appreciate all our guests feedback as it assists us to continually improve our guest facilities.Following your comments during your stay about the light coming through the blinds, we immediately arranged for Tweed curtains to be made for this room.
northern ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

My wife and I have just returned form a 3 night break in Edinburgh, staying in Millars64. I'll keep it short and sweet as follows;
1/ Millars64 is a lovely B&B Leith.
2/ Louise, the owner, is an excellent host and nothing is too much bother for her.
3/ We felt that little bit "extra effort" was put into everything by Louise right from the booking stage, throughout our stay and every other aspect of our visit.
4/ Bedroom and unsuite was bueatifully furnished with good quality fixtures and fittings.
5/ Breakfast was lovely, consisting of a small special smoothie starter, choice of cereal, full cooked breakfast, and homemade muffins, jams etc.

I could go on and on singing the praises of Millars64, but just that my advice and book a few nights and I'm sure you will not be disappointed. I'm very fussy by the way.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

A boutique ambience and a nurturing atmosphere. Lovely large bedroom with superior bathroom. Extra touches such as home made shortbread and quality, organic bathroom products. Breakfast was delicious with a large choice including homemade preserves and bakes goods. Louise and Shona (and their delightful mother) were extremely helpful by suggesting and booking restaurants and places to see. Make sure to try Fishers on the Leith waterfront. Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2010

Millers64 is just superb! Beautiful decor, stylish yet still so comfortable and homely. Breakfast was fantastic and Louise did everything to ensure we had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

We chose Millers64 for our honeymoon in December. From the moment we booked I knew we were in a for treat! Louise sent us several emails in the run up to our stay suggesting places to eat and tickets for Hogmanay which we incredibly helpful.

The location of the hotel was ideal, only a short walk from the station city and a quick bus ride to the waterfront, which was a side to the city we'd never explored before and the place where we ate some of the best seafood ever had.

Our time at Millers64 was second to none, everything from the home-baked goodies to the luxe bedrooms made this a stay to remember. The breakfast options were amazing, fresh muffins, good local produce, all served family style in the dining room. And I can thoroughly recommend the breakfast in bed that is available!

All in all, we cannot recommend this place highly enough. A big thank you to Louise & Shona for making this a stay to remember!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple