Edinburgh Playhouse Apartments
  • Room Service
$654
$509
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthese apartmentsmain bathroomtwo bedroom apartmenthen partydining tablewell equipped kitchencleaning staffgreat apartmentshort walkcity centreroyal mileprinces streetkeysloungehopetouncupboardcastle
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were delighted with our apartment. The location is central, yet has the benefit of free parking. Quiet which ensured a great nights sleep. The cleaning staff were still in the vicinity. They were very helpfull on arrival.
Would prefer to receive the key codes at the time of booking.

Room Tip: Apartment 34/4
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I had intended booking into a hotel but decided on this apartment at the last minute and I'm so glad I did. Very spacious, very light and airy rooms, clean, well furnished and surprisingly quiet given how close to the centre of Edinburgh it is. About a 10 minute walk from Waverly station, 5 minutes or so from The Omni centre and Princes Street, so very handy for cinema, eateries etc. Lots of storage space, comfy beds, very comfy settees in lounge; bathroom plus ensuite in one bedroom. Letting agent I spoke to was extremely pleasant and very helpful, talking me through the entry procedure. If I do have any criticism - and I say this mainly for the benefit of the letting agents, as I would have given a 5 star rating otherwise - more pillows would be better (only 2 for each double bed), and the freezer section of the fridge freezer was in serious need of defrosting. The ice was so thick it was unusable. Not a problem for me as I was only there a couple of nights but for anyone staying longer it might be an issue. And the iron wasn't very good. But these are just minor quibbles which didn't impact on my enjoyment of the apartment in any way. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Once over the trauma of actually getting into the apartment we were pleasantly surprised by the light, airy spacious apartment, clean and well furnished with all mod cons.

They do need to sort out the reception, staff we spoke to by telephone could only repeat the written instructions already given to us, which were completely unhelpful, as she was not familiar with the area. If we hadn't located a friendly and helpful local, we would have ended up sleeping in the car, so be warned.

Now we know the secret admission ritual we will return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank maggielawrence
Reviewed August 16, 2012

It's a great place to stay, much better than a lot of hotels...
The apartment is big, very confortable, everything is amazing! It was a wonderful surprise for us. We loved the place.
If you will stay there just call to someone go there in the time that you arrive to give the keys, because there's no reception...
Locate is great too, very close to Princess Street and Royal Mile.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Great location just about 8 minutes to Hotel Balmoral and Waverley Station. Been a couple of times to Edinburgh and would use these Apartments again.

Would have been a 5 rating with more towels (only 3 towels and no hand towels or tea towels made it slightly inconvenient)

EasyLets did a good job too being flexible with check in etc

• Stayed: August 2012