“Super food, great quality.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Diner 7
Ranked #615 of 2,437 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Super food, great quality.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We found this Diner whilst staying in Leith. The menu looked good so we gave it a try. We were very impressed, the quality of the food was excellent and the portions were perfect. I had the vegetable lasagne and can honestly say it is the best I have ever had. My husband had the Kedgeree and it was by good too. Unfortunately the mains were so good we had no room for the appetising array of desserts, shame, hot cinnamon doughnut with vanilla ice cream and maple syrup sounds like heaven. We shall just have to go back.

The only thing that could be better was that there was no children's menu.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Best burgers in Edinburgh by a clear mile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I may be biased as I worked at Diner 7 on and off for 6 years but I have probably had more meals there than anyone and I think these are without a doubt the best burgers in Edinburgh.

The burgers themselves are deliciously juicy, the toppings always generous (my favourite in mushroom & blue cheese, with an egg on the chips), the chips lovely & crispy and you always get a good big tasty portion of salad!

They have a great selection of starters, steaks, specials, veggie options & puddings (the sticky toffee pudding is the best I've ever tasted).

Miss working here and will be back soon for my burger fix! :)

Thanks Joe!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Delicious burgers... and amazing desserts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I've been eating at Diner 7 regularly for the last three years and the welcome is always friendly, the burgers are always delicious and the sticky toffee pudding is to die for... For these reasons, I will keep coming back!!!

• Visited August 2013
Leven, United Kingdom
“Simple, high quality food, and friendly service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Steak and fries should be a simple dish, but so many places screw it up. Diner 7 manages the basic that anyone could ask for: good quality steaks cooked in the style requested. Not hard, is it?

Often I'll ask for a blue or very rare steak and get something I guess is medium-rare. I want mooing. Is Diner 7 really the only place in Edinburgh to give me what I want? It's not hard :) So kudos to them for managing it.

• Visited December 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Hoped for better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Ate here once, would not bother again.

Had heard good things about Diner 7 but it did not even slightly live up to expectations. Our order was messed up, from the drinks to the food, the mains came before the starters and one of them was wrong, the calamari were overcooked & the burgers bland. Considering we were the only table eating (another table was finishing up when we arrived) the service was atrocious. It was as if no-one cared, about the service or the food.

All in all, overly priced food executed poorly with substandard service. Would not recommend.

If you want a burger Handmade Burger in Ocean Terminal is a short walk away, their service staff are fantastic & I have never seen them mess up an order.

• Visited January 2013