“Perfect”
Review of Invertruin B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Invertruin B&B
Ranked #102 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Lovely house,about 10 minutes to New Town on bus,warm welcome and very good cooking.Our room was the pink one and we slept like babies,It was very quiet.Just perfect.When i go back to Edinburgh,i'll go there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Invertruin B&B

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed in the Pink room with my girlfriend back in August 2012 on the final leg of our Scotland road trip which ended up in Edinburgh. I would recommend this B&B as it is a perfect location for getting into Edinburgh and I would suggest using the bus rather than driving into the City.
The room was spacious and clean and the breakfast offerings were plentiful with a lot of fresh fruit to choose from with as the usual full cooked breakfast option available too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you are looking for clean, comfortable, affordable, and conveniently located B&B with a fabulous breakfast and wonderful proprietress (Liz), then you would do well to stay at Invertruin. I was there for six nights in mid-November and had a wonderful stay.

Having been to Edinburgh twice before, I knew the public transportation system was very efficient and affordable so staying outside of the city centre was not an issue for me. The bus, which runs quite regularly and stops right in front of the house, runs to and from the city centre in no time at all. The house is in quite a nice neighbourhood, too.

The Beige Room and the private bathroom on the third floor were rather large and quiet. Liz greeted me every morning with a friendly smile and then served up a very nice breakfast. We had
some nice conversations as well.

I don't think I could have made a better choice of accomodations and would definitely stay at Invertruin again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I couldn't fault our stay at this B&B. Travelling with young children is never easy but the room was lovely and spacious for all four of us with a fantastic view of Edinburgh which my 2 year old found more spellbinding than the television! I was quite nervous that we wouldn't feel comfortable with the children being so young and noisy but we were made to feel very welcome from the minute we arrived to the time we left. The breakfast was amazing with everything you could possibly imagine and the travel in and out of the city centre by bus was hassle free. All in all a lovely experience in a delightful B&B giving fantastic value for money

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

From the moment I entered to the moment I left, my entire stay in Liz's home was fabulous. And home it really was - the stay did not give off a commercialized feel at all; Liz truly does her best to be warm and gracious, and comes off as such. For one, my luggage broke right in front of her B&B and I was dreading the climb to my top floor room. Liz sportingly helped lug my very heavy luggage to the top and made me feel at ease.

She assigned me to a huge room with a separate bathroom (but it was right next to each other and it was no hassle) and it was for a very fair price. It's a bit far from city centre, but there is a very regular bus that comes so it doesn't make it difficult. All the rooms have their own coffee/tea cookies - I personally loved the caramelized biscuits. Also, fresh milk was available at the landing below - a nice touch! The breakfast was amazing - great selection, and eggs were done however you want on toast. Overall, I think this B&B itself is an attraction of Edinburgh, and I will be sure to stay here again when I come back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Our first B & B experience could not have been more enchanting. Without knowing what to expect in Scotland, we found this gem of a B&B. From the first email through the last minute of our stay, Liz was a wonderful hostess. With high ceilings, the rooms were incredibly well kept. They included everything you'd imagine would come in a B&B and more, including items such as tea along with tea cups and an electric kettle, coffee, a hairdryer, maps of the city to help plan your day, cookies for the tea and a huge window. The room came with a key so we felt at ease about our belongings being safe while we were out exploring the city. The breakfast, we're sure you'll read this in other reviews, but we cannot rave enough about the breakfast Liz personally made for us each morning. From eggs, any way you like them to toast, tea, juice, coffee, to cereal and fruit, and it changed each morning. It was our first day in Scotland and we ate the best while there. There was a full bath and half bath on our floor, and both were cleaned daily and kept exceptionally tidy. Even though the facilities were shared for the floor, we never had to wait to use one or the other. Some places seem like a business, Liz made us feel like she we were sharing a friendship with her. She shared a love of Scotland with everyone and it really made us feel comfortable and at home. She gladly answered any questions we had and seemed ready to provide us with maps if we so needed. Our next time in Scotland, we are equally looking forward to visiting the city as well as checking back in to this B&B.

Room Tip: We loved the room that faced the street, had a view of the castle and athletic field.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My friend and I reserved two rooms here in July for four nights. Liz, the owner, could not have been more gracious and helpful. The rooms were very nice and spotlessly clean. We shared a bathroom, however, my friend had a sink tucked away in a corner in her room and there also was an extra toilet and sink in the hallway. We really only had to share the shower, which was in a lovely large bathroom with a towel warmer.

My friend had a view of the beautiful backyard and garden from her window, while I had a good view of the Edinburgh castle from mine. The bus we took into town was only steps away from the B&B and ran every 10-15 minutes, making it extremely convenient for us to get around.

The breakfasts were fantastic!! First was a choice of 3-4 kinds of juices, then wonderfully cooked eggs, yummy bacon, sausage, tomatoes, toast and baked beans, if you desired. On the table every morning was a scrumptious array of five or six kinds of fresh fruits, yogurt, jams, preserves, etc. Cereals were also available. Each morning, Liz asked how we wanted our eggs prepared. In our rooms were cups, saucers, a pot for hot water, coffee, a variety of teas and a very nice assortment of cookies and biscuits.

I would most definitely stay here again if I had the chance and would ceertainly recommend it to others. The best B&B I've stayed in!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends