“Convenient, Delicious”

Ranked #321 of 2,592 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: Just a stone’s throw from the capital’s main hotels and attractions, Shezan Restaurant is an ideal dining place to experience top quality Indian and Punjabi cuisine at affordable prices.With a solid reputation built up over the past 30 years, the family-run Shezan Restaurant is well renowned as the capital’s best loved Indian eatery and has even bagged a string of awards for it’s delectable dishes.Shezan’s menus – inclusive of à la carte and pre-theatre dishes – are impressive and contain over 100 homemade Punjabi delights as well as wines and champagnes from around the globe.So, if you are spending an evening at the nearby Edinburgh Playhouse, staying in a hotel on business or just passing by, pay Shezan a visit today for a culinary experience like no other – top service and food guaranteed.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Enjoyed dinners two nights in a row at Shezan. It was close to our hotel and the first night we just wanted a easy dinner. The second night we went back because of the food we had on the first night. My husband and I had several different items- all delicious. We are big fans of Indian cuisine, and while this food was not spicy hot, it was full of great flavors. The tandoori chicken was the best chicken I have ever had - not the best Indian chicken, just the best chicken. (well except for my grandmother's chicken but her recipe went to her grave). I also liked their popadums and pickled relish tray. The service was a bit of an issue the first night because it was really crowded. Th wait staff moved fast but on such a crowded evening they could have used more help.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Visited on our first night in Edinburgh 24/09/2013. Best Indian food experience we have had. The food and service was that good we returned the next night and again we were not dissapointed

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Slightly expensive.

Can't fault the food, tasted great and was fairly large portions.

Service was good, however there's alot of staff and they don't seem to have their set areas/tables and some of them can't take food orders. However things were fairly quick.

Atmosphere was ok.

I'd go back again, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Too spicy for my wife, but not for me. Fairly traditional Indian cuisine with a few nice touches. Really very good if you can stand the "heat". If you go, worth remembering the warning.

Recommend the spinach side dish, and I don't like spinach!

Nice Movenpick ice cream to cool down afterwards

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I tried it because it was near our hotel (Holiday Inn) and it had good reviews on trip advisor. We were not disappointed: the biryani rice and the mixed tandoori were very good. Good service, average furniture. £44 for two dishes and beer is a bit expensive, but we think it is still acceptable. We might come again.