“Manners of waiting staff!!”

Tigerlily Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tigerlily Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #271 of 2,595 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: New Town
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Dined here with friends for the dine out offer and having been with a party of 8 a discretionary charge was included which we did pay but not the full 10%. The food was nice, good atmosphere HOWEVER the waitress that served us must have been expecting a cash tip from us given we already paid for the service and gave us a dirty look and says rudely "sorry my service was not good enough for you" and walked away. I was absolutely mortified, is this what tiger lily teach all their staff to be rude? My colleague actually went up and gave her a cash tip to keep her happy! The food was nice however the attitude and dirty looks left a bad taste!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,615)

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Came to visit tigerlily on new years eve at lunch time with my boyfriend to meet family for a drink. We noticed on our way in a sign about their new year's party later that night. We had a good time at lunch and so decided we would return in the evening. From the advert we noticed it was £20pp for the party. we both assumed this meant to gain entry to the entire bar from the information on the sign. on our return that evening we found out that only the back section of the bar was ticketed. we were a little annoyed that we didn't need to buy a ticket to get in, as all we wanted was a couple of drinks, however the ticket explained it came with canapes and champagne so we thought it wasn't so bad little did we know that the champagne would be disgusting and the canapes didn't exist! On top of this there was no where to sit in the ticketed area and we had to sit at the front of the bar near the door where a ticket wasn't required! I have never been so disappointed and it ruined the night, we paid £40 for nothing! such a waste of money. I emailed tigerlily the next day (1st January 2014) to express my disappointment in their false advertising and they couldn't even spare 5 minutes to email me back! Shocking customer service! We are regular visitors to Tigerlily for drinks and lunch and have never had a bad word to say, but it has become clear to us that they are not interested in their customers and just want our money! I have never felt so disappointed and do not plan to go back again. The least they could have done is emailed me back, just shows what they think of their customers!!

5  Thank Georgethedog2
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Cool place to have a drink the bar offers a great range of cocktails this is one of my favourite spots. Atmosphere is great and staff is always with smiles on their faces.Brilliant venue for special occasion. We were in a funky booth drinking champagne after a superb meal in the caledonian posh restaurant and were there to celebrate my birthday before midnight.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have visited TL a number of times-usually for lunch or coffee, and have always previously been welcomed by the lovely Australian maitre d' and service has been good. However on this occasion service was a disaster. My friend arrived first and had ordered a large glass of white wine. I opted for the same, and we waited -and waited-and waited. Eventually after reminders and hassle a small glass of white wine arrived. we asked for the tea to be served after we had finished our wine. Meanwhile a guy arrived and told us and others at the next table that they were waiting for macarons to finish cooking and apologised for the delay.
All in all-after reminders and hassle-we got served an hour later. Just as well we get on famously and had lots to talk about! We were also served a cocktail which was quite nice.
There appeared to be no-one in charge of front of house and plenty of waiting staff: the restaurant was not busy,so there was no excuse. Edinburgh is awash with great venues for afternoon tea-TL needs to up their game.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Good food and service, but definitely expensive, particularly the drinks. I think 7pounds for a super tiny glass of porto is too much!