TripAdvisor

from $297.09
from $47.54
from $303.70
4,994 results
All reviews glen coe stirling castle loch ness day tour isle of skye glengoyne distillery guide sergio scottish highlands fort augustus great tour extra stops his knowledge beautiful scenery photo stops history of scotland story teller booked this tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Guide Josh and bus driver (forgot the name, he is from England really cool guy) had a sort of role playing stand-up comedy show, thumbs up! All day trip with a bus that does not tire you because of laid back atmosphere with a lot of stories and tales and cool places to visit. We visited Pitlochry and had a great whiskey ice-cream, then went to Loch ness (we did not go for a boat ride but instead went to a village close by had lunch in a pub and enjoyed the surroundings) and of course eventually drove through a part of Highlands. If you do not have more time to see highlands (we had only 1 day) this is a perfect way to see them. If you have more time I would go with a couple of days tour because it is really something special. Would definitely go again with these company if I will be in Scotland very good experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This trip was worth every penny. Steven B was the best guide we had all trip. This guy should be a history teacher. Great times. Highly recommend this tour especially if you get Steve.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our first day was rough with extra things squeezed into itinerary and others skipped or rushed with no explanation from a guide that was not very personable. It made for a stressful time in otherwise beautiful locations. However, it could have been great if handled and explained better and day 2 was good. I believe my feedback to the company is being taken seriously, they are making it right, and future tours should be excellent. The highlands are stunningly beautiful, the Jacobite train is magical, and Ft. Augustus was a cute town to stay in. The bus ride is bumpy due to the roads but very comfortable and modern.

2  Thank jediblueman
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This trip managed to exceed my already high expectations. Insightful, fun, and definitely one for the books. Seeing Loch Ness was stunning, and the Highlands were breathtaking! Glen Coe will forever be in my heart.
Our Tour Guide, Josh, created a comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere whilst providing us with some awesome knowledge about Scotland itself. The bus driver, Will was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed his input.
10/10 would recommend, and worth every pound!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This tour is definitely worth taking if you want to see Skye without having to worry about driving and making accommodations. Our tour guide/driver was John, he was very nice and offered helpful commentary. The sights he took us to were very beautiful. The tour company makes accommodation plans for you in Skye and I stayed at a cute B&B for the two nights. I opted to take the tour of Eilean Donan castle which I think is worth it due to the amount of history that has taken place there. I also opted for the Loch Ness boat cruise. I recommend taking the boat cruise; it was a nice trip and allowed for a different view of the Loch/Urqhart castle and the surrounding area. Because I watch Outlander I was interested in seeing the Culloden battle field which they take you to on the last day. Overall, it's a very full trip with a lot of great sights to see.

HOWEVER, one of the biggest drawbacks for this tour was the bus, or "coach" we were on. For being on a 3 day tour with a LOT of drive time, the bus was extremely small and uncomfortable. You have more room in an economy seat on an airplane than you do on the bus. The bus's WiFi did not work for the whole 3 days, which makes a big difference when you're an international traveler with limited data. On the last day, the AC also stopped working and it was the warmest day. The drive back to Edinburgh was extremely miserable; everyone was visibly sweating and it almost seemed like a health hazard. If you are going to book this tour, just be aware that it's a small seat on the bus and every seat on the bus will be full.