“Cosy cottage in a good location”
other travelers have booked this property
Main bedroom.
Main bedroom with double wardrobe space. Main bedroom.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Main bedroom.
Main bedroom with double wardrobe space.
Second bedroom.
100% cotton towels are provided for each guest.
Bathroom.
Bathroom.
Kitchen.
Kitchen.
Kitchen: ground coffee and a cafetiere are provided to help you start your day.
Kitchen: salt, pepper, tea, coffee and sugar are provided.
Table set for dinner.
Outside view of the apartment in winter.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Lindag194...
Wollongong, Australia
“Cosy cottage in a good location”
Reviewed July 21, 2018 for a stay in July 2018
person found this review helpful

We recently stayed at Rarity Cottage for four nights When we arrived at the cottage, the owner was waiting to greet us.She showed us through the cottage which was nicely furnished. The flat was spotless and I am a very fussy person. All appliances, if you want to cook a meal , which I didn’t as it was close to some good restaurants and a shopping area. Also some lovely treats left for us. Lots of tourist information . One thing I really appreciated was the communication from Maya by email.

Date of stay: July 2018
Your age range 65+
Jul 21, 2018
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, and also for your kind words. After our messages ahead your arrival, it was wonderful to finally meet you, and to welcome you both! I'm delighted to hear you found the apartment spotless, as I'm particularly fussy about cleanliness myself (and I'm pleased to hear you found that this was reflected in my holiday rental apartment). I'm also glad to hear you both liked the welcome pack, and that you had everything you needed at the apartment. You're very welcome for the communications, as I always like to assist whenever possible. Many thanks again for staying, and I look forward to welcoming you back if and when you're next in Edinburgh. Until then, I'm sending my very best wishes to you both. Maya.
IHAE
Schotz, Switzerland
“Apartment perfect situated and owner most kind”
Reviewed February 26, 2018 for a stay in February 2018
people found this review helpful

We‘ve spent a weekend with our 3.5 years old son in Edinburgh and felt straight at home thanks to the warm welcome of the owner. We got a lot of great tips from her for sightseeing, using public transportation and dining. The apartment was perfectly situated to discover the city by foot or bus.
All the rooms were very clean, tidy and nice decorated. We appreciated the welcome package very much and have never experienced anything similar so far.

Date of stay: February 2018
Feb 27, 2018
Many thanks again for choosing my apartment for your long weekend in Edinburgh; it was a pleasure to welcome you all, and I'm delighted to hear the location suited you so well. I'm also pleased to hear you were happy with the cleanliness and decor. They're both important aspects to me when I'm travelling myself, and so they're also something I pay great attention to when considering my guests' comfort. I'm glad you liked the welcome pack, and I hope that having a few things in the kitchen on arrival made the start of your holiday easier. Thank you again for staying, and also for taking the time to write a review; it's much appreciated. Once again, it was lovely to meet you all, and I look forward to welcoming you back if/when you return to Edinburgh. Best wishes to you and your family. Maya.
thornlea
Glasgow
“Excellent home from home apartment in ideal location.”
Reviewed February 22, 2018 for a stay in February 2018
person found this review helpful

Return visit to this cosy apartment. Everything you need for an enjoyable stay. Ideal quiet location. Only 10 minute walk to High Street/Royal Mile. Lots of shops and restaurants virtually on the doorstep. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: February 2018
Feb 25, 2018
Thank you for returning to my apartment during your most recent visit to Edinburgh; I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed your first stay so much that you wanted to return! I'm so pleased that the location still suits your needs so well, and that you had everything you needed. I'm also touched that you took the time to write another review; it's very much appreciated, thank you! It was lovely to welcome you back, and I hope our paths cross again the next time you're in Edinburgh. Stay well until then; sending you my very best wishes. Maya.
LuciaHand...
Bicester, United Kingdom
“Comfortable, clean and well equipped 2 bedroom apartment with a warm welcome”
Reviewed October 30, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

This accommodation suited us (2 adults and a toddler) very well. We were pleased that it had parking but found that we walked every day as the location was more central to the parts of Edinburgh that we wanted to explore than we had at first realised. It is a great base for a family with young children who want to largely self-cater and spend some time in their holiday accommodation as it is a well proportioned and fully equipped 2 bedroom flat.
We were impressed with the cleanliness, basic stocks of tea and coffee etc, the generosity of our host (including a breakfast food package) and her personal welcome and communication.

Date of stay: October 2017
Your age range 35-49
Oct 31, 2017
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review; it's much appreciated! It was a pleasure to welcome you and your wonderful family to my apartment, and I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here so much. I'm glad the central location and parking space suited you so well, and that you were pleased with the level of cleanliness. As a keen traveller myself, I know how important cleanliness in a holiday rental property is, and I'm delighted to hear that you were impressed by my high standards. Thank you again for staying, and for being such lovely guests; I look forward to welcoming you back if/when you're next in Edinburgh. Until then, I'm sending warmest wishes to you all. Maya.
Reviewed August 29, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Aug 30, 2017
Thank you very much for staying; it was such a pleasure to meet you both, and to welcome you to my apartment. Thank you also for taking the time to write your review; it's much appreciated. I'm delighted that you found the apartment so clean and well-presented, as they're both things I take great care over. The quiet yet central location, as well as the parking space, are two of the main reasons I chose this particular property; you have all the benefits of being in the city centre yet, as you say, you have a peaceful place to retire to at the end of each day. I'm most pleased to hear you liked the welcome pack, and that you had everything you needed during your stay. Thank you again for choosing my apartment for your visit; it was wonderful to finally meet you both, and I look forward to welcoming you back. Sending warmest wishes to you both, Maya.
Livi07
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Ideal base for central Edinburgh”
Reviewed August 18, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

This two-bedroom flat had everything you could possibly need for up to four people on a short trip to Edinburgh. Although very central, it was also extremely quiet which, together with the very comfortable beds, ensured a good night's sleep after our hectic days of shows and concerts during our recent Fringe visit. The location was perfect: we were never more than ten minutes' walk from any of the central Fringe venues and many were within five minutes of the flat. Such proximity to everything maximised the use of our relatively short visit and encouraged us to venture out late, even on wet and uninviting evenings. Having an off-road parking space is a rare commodity in Edinburgh centre and added to the ease and flexibility of our travelling arrangements.
Inside the flat, everything had been thought of with regard to the possible needs and comfort of guests, and the provision of breakfast essentials, as well as tea, coffee, biscuits and store-cupboard essentials like salt was much appreciated, as was the wine. We only prepared breakfasts and light lunches in the flat but it was well-equipped for cooking more elaborate meals if you wished.
Maya was a very helpful host who ensured that we had all the information we needed in advance of our stay and did everything to make our visit as comfortable as possible. We couldn't have chosen a better base: we have already recommended it to friends and very much hope to return to the flat ourselves on a future visit to Edinburgh.

Aug 21, 2017
Thank you very much for choosing my apartment for your visit to Edinburgh; it was a genuine pleasure to welcome you and your family, and I'm delighted to hear you were so pleased with your stay here! The central, yet quiet location is one of the main reasons I chose this particular apartment. As you've mentioned, it's so convenient for the sights (and a large number of Edinburgh Festival venues), yet quiet enough to be able to relax and unwind after a long, busy day in the city. The parking space is the other main reason I chose this property; it's so convenient to have somewhere safe to leave your car, and I'm glad you found this so useful during your stay. As a keen traveller myself, I know how important a comfortable bed is, as well as providing "the little things" in the kitchen; having salt and pepper, some kitchen basics, and a few goodies is always most welcome. I like to treat my guests the way I like to be treated myself when I'm away from home, so I'm pleased to hear that you appreciated them, too. Thank you for sharing your experience of my apartment in your review; it's much appreciated. Once again, it was a pleasure to welcome you all. Thank you very much for already recommending my apartment to your friends, and I look forward to welcoming you back. Until then, I'm sending my best wishes to you and your family. Maya.
Sarah B
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“Comfortable, conveniently-located Edinburgh apartment”
Reviewed August 15, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This two-bedroom ground-floor apartment is located between Pleasance and Clerks Road, so very convenient for all Edinburgh Fringe locations and tourist spots, also two minutes away from a Tesco Metro, so ideal location all round. The flat itself is very recently decorated and refitted and feels very fresh and comfortable. We were really impressed with the facilities and how friendly and helpful the apartment owner, Maya of Rarity Rentals, was. Maya was in regular communication before we travelled to Edinburgh and confirmed all necessary information in advance, then on arrival she showed us round the apartment and was available by phone or email for any further queries while we were there. She also kindly provided eggs, bacon, bread and milk as well as two bottles of wine, which essentially meant we didn't need to buy breakfast while we were there. I would really recommend this apartment either for the Fringe or for any trip to Edinburgh. She also let us use the sofa-bed in the lounge so that we could have an impromptu stay by a third friend, for only nominal extra charge. I would definitely stay in one of Maya's apartments again, and found it superior to self-catering accomodation we've used in Edinburgh in the past.

Aug 18, 2017
Thank you again for choosing my apartment for your stay, and for writing such a lovely review! After our messages back and forth, it was a pleasure to finally meet you all. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your time here so much, and that you found the apartment superior to other places you've stayed in during previous visits to Edinburgh; I'm delighted to hear it! The location is one of the main reasons I chose this particular apartment for my holiday rental property, and I'm glad to hear it suited you so well during Edinburgh's festival season. Although I don't include the sofa bed on my listing, I'm glad this suited your group's needs (for only the additional cost of the laundering the extra linen) when your friend joined you at the end of your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in Edinburgh. Many thanks again; sending best wishes to you all. Maya.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing