This is a very elegant bed and breakfast with a boutique hotel feel. We stayed for one night in a family room with our 17 year old daughter. Our room was on the top floor, was very spacious and very well equipped. The hosts are very friendly and helpful and the whole place has a real quality feel. Breakfast was excellent with a good modern menu. Myself and my husband had haddock with poached egg and our daughter had pancakes with bacon and maple syrup. There were plenty of choices and breakfast specials. The walk into the city centre was a good half an hour but not unpleasant. There is a phone in the lobby to a local taxi company which we thought was helpful. We would definitely come back and thought the room price reasonable for the quality of the stay. Our only minor criticism would be the price of the drinks in the honesty bar. We thought them a little high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning Boutique Guest House built in 1868 in the Victorian era, situated just over one mile from the Royal Mile,**DON'T FORGET TO BOOK DIRECT TO SAVE,on 23 Mayfield own site **, on the main bus route into Edinburgh city centre. The guest house offers easy access to many places of interest such as Holyrood Palace, Edinburgh Castle, the Scottish Parliament and Princes Street, which are all within a one mile radius. We have FREE PARKING FOR DIRECT BOOKING FROM OUR OWN WEBSITE, Club room,Garden, FREE Wi-Fi, all rooms newly refurbished and are en-suite. REVIEWED BY THE TIMES TOP 15 IN BRITIAN, 5 STAR GOLD Scottish tourist board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your 23 Mayfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 23 Mayfield Hotel Edinburgh
- 23 Mayfield Edinburgh, Scotland