“I love you guys”

Cuisines: Scottish, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Apart from the fact that the food is always first class, the craic is always great, and the takeaway Bijou in a Box service always delicious and great value, Bijou is also THE best little neighbourhood food place.
I live around the corner. I fancied some shortbread with a cup of tea (made, at home, on my desk). The very nice PIC (person in charge) gave me an choc chip shortbread, and wouldn't let me pay for it.
The shortbread was amazing - nearly as good as their crumble which is just simply legendary.

1  Thank cg465

Reviewed July 21, 2014

What a find. This is a great little place with great food and service. We were driving back from the Recycling Depot at Seafield Road on Sunday doing our bit for the environment when we decided to stop off at this little Bistro as parking was available outside and a friend had said it was good. We were not disappointed. Really nice decor and relaxed atmosphere with the fabulous Nina Simone playing so they were off to a good start. I ordered a peppered chicken breast burger with fries and salad and home made mayo and my friend ordered the breakfast. He asked for it all to be very well done. Both dishes were perfect. The breakfast was cooked just as requested and my chicken breast burger was without doubt home made and in a lovely bread bun. The mayonnaise was also really very good. Service and price excellent. Cannot really fault this great little place and I will definitely be returning and recommending to others.

1  Thank Bessie248
Reviewed July 13, 2014

A lovely little restaurant with superb food and excellent staff. The descriptions of the wines in the Bijou's Wine List are worth the visit in themselves. Highly recommended, excellent value for money

Reviewed July 8, 2014

A great meal in a lovely small restaurant. The menu may be limited but there is a good selection of starters and mains which would suit all pockets The staff are very attentive whilst not being obtrusive. Wine is sold but there is also BYOB which has a small corkage. I would advise booking as there are not many tables and it is becoming a popular eating venue.

1  Thank Juana1951
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Bijou is such a great little find. Good atmosphere. Very welcoming staff. Interesting menu. I opted for the slow roast pork, which was excellent and beautifully presented. Not a morsel was left on our plates. Looks like a cafe from the outside, but the food proves it is so much more. Top notch eatery.

1  Thank clbfamily