“Excellent food.and service”

Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Shamoli specialises in food from North India and Thailand - perfect for groups who are split in what kind of Asian food they would like. There are a range of Thai stir fries and also Thai curries including Chicken Panang a dish which combines coconut sweetness with a few sparks provided by red chillis. Punjabi Lamb Korai is one of the meat based dishes from the North Indian half of the menu. Average prices are £7.95 for a set lunch, £19 for an evening meal and house wine is £13.95 a bottle. They have child-friendly facilities and a takeaway service.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

What a wonderful surprise - the food was delicious and the service was at just the right level of attentiveness. We were there for three hours chatting and enjoying our meals and they did not bother us - just kept an eye on us and when we needed anything were right there to get whatever we wanted - absolutely a great find.......:)

2  Thank Scout30303

Reviewed April 13, 2013

As a regular visitor to Edinburgh I have eaten in Shamoli a few times and always the food and service is super.

The Thai soup is hot and stunning. The Indian curries are fantastic - authentic (as I have travelled in India) and not too hot & spicy.

Staff are warm, welcoming and very helpful. Good attentive service without being fussy.

The place is one floor up - and as a result does not seem as busy as it deserves to be.

1  Thank Roy A
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We went out for dinner with a friend and the place looks great. The only thing I have to say is that they share the stairs to enter the restaurant with a tour operator but this is forgotten as soon as you get inside the restaurant. Nice, new, classy and clean this is how I would describe my first impression. They have a very large menu which combines two different types of food. You can get either Indian cuisine or Thai cuisine or mix them. I went for Thai and it was delicious!! I will definitely go our again!!! The atmosphere was great, we had a great service pleasant without being overwhelming and allowing us to have some times between courses.
I will definitely recommend this to some friends.

1  Thank GAO_13
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great service. lovely looking little place. food looked and tasted amazing one of the best curry experiences I have had would recommend if u go Edinburgh visit here and enjoy

1  Thank Una A
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Enjoyed a very pleasant evening in Shamoli. A wide range of both Thai and Indian Food. Staff were very attentive, and food was excellent. Reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend and intend to return.

1  Thank Glenda G