“A nice suprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shamoli

Shamoli
Ranked #497 of 2,449 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Shamoli specialises in food from North India and Thailand - perfect for groups who are split in what kind of Asian food they would like. There are a range of Thai stir fies and also Thai curries including Chicken Panang a dish which combines coconut sweetness with with a few sparks provided by red chillis. Punjabi Lamb Korai is one of the meat based dishes from the North Indian half of the menu. Average prices are £7.95 for a set lunch, £19 for an evening meal and house wine is £13.95 a bottle. They have child friendly facilities and a takeaway service.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A nice suprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

First impressions of this restaurant were not great due to the fact it shares a staircase with a tour company; however on turning right it was a very nice comtemporary restaurant. Myself and my partner had an excellent meal and ended up here after walking up and down the royal mile for a while.

The menu was great with some authentic curries. It was one of the nicest curries I've had in years and the taste was gorgeous. The staff were attentive without being overbearing and it was a very pleasant evening. The price as well was average and we expected it to be alot more considering we were on the Royal Mile. I would recommend this restaurant very highly and while I feel a little guitly about coming to Edinburgh and not eating Haggis (which I love) when the alternatives are this good who gives a damn.

2 Thank k27j13

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have just eaten at Shamoli the weekend just gone and it was fantastic. I must say I was a little doubtful about the place due to the signage, flashing lights and the walk up the stairs but I was more than happy when I entered the restaurent. It was contemporary, clean with a great finish. The menu is large with a great choice of food and the service is impeccable. The staff accommodate your every need and they even made me chai even though it is not on the menu. If want Thai or Indian that is modern but with all the big flavours you know and love then give this a go and you will be more than pleasently surprised.

3 Thank Carlottamaria82
Crieff, United Kingdom
“not sure”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Okay, so we went on a Monday night . Only one other couple in when we sat down. Very pleasant staff but took a while to come over and take our order. We both ordered the same stir fry and one rice portion but it took quite a while to come. Food was okay. Coke at £2.50 a bottle is a bit high.

1 Thank trish f
Sao Paulo, SP
“Divine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I recently went to the Shamoli for Christmas day with my wife and my niece and to say that I was delighted is an understatement. The atmosphere was very relaxing and the staff were more than inviting, accommodating us straight away in an area of our have chosen. and the customer service skills were outstanding. He made us feel very welcome and after dinner he gave us complementaries glasses of liquors to keep us warmed.The starters were divines and I am a big fan of Indian cuisine and have eaten Tandoris all over the world and this restaurant is by far the best I have tried, I even complemented the chef who kindly came out and spoke to us. A must visit and will definitely be returning for more amazing food next time we visit Edinburgh, thanks!

• Visited December 2012
5 Thank DECIO D
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fine indian dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Coming to Edinburgh on a cold January night we decided to go for an Indian and we chose Shamoli as the menu and website were both promising. We made the right choice as the food was great the service was swift but not rushed and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would fully recommend this restaurant to anyone and will certainly be returning. Excellent

• Visited January 2013