“Nice Place - Just Sort Out Your Openning Times”
Review of The Royal Mcgregor

The Royal Mcgregor
Ranked #120 of 2,505 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: We are a wee Whisky Bar & Restaurant with Grand food on Edinburgh's famous Royal Mile!
dublin
“Nice Place - Just Sort Out Your Openning Times”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Yesterday 6th of Feb 2013 great breakfast open early like 9am - today turned away when trying to get breakfast today at 10.45 am !

Nice place - bit of a tourist trap but in the best possible sense. Great breakfast & the haggis for dinner really nice .

Not a cheap place but spotless & in a great location waiting staff are very nice .

If your a family here on holiday & want a nice place for a meal you'll like this place .

It's small - reminds of a few places in Dublin .

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Luton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Burns Night, only one complaint.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had Burns Night in this lovely bar/restaurant and all bar one thing it was perfect. Let me get the complaint out of the way straight away so that I can praise this place for the rest of my review. When we arrived the bar was not busy, the the barman was dealing with a customer and I was quite clearly the next (in fact at that point, the only other) person waiting to be served. Some friends of the barman came in and after serving the customer in front of me he proceeded to greet his friends and stop serving at the bar for a minute or two. I didn't mind this as the bar wasn't busy and as I said, I was quite clearly next. By the time he returned to serve, another customer had come in and whilst still removing his hat got served in front of me. Had we not have already paid for our evening in advance, I'd have left to go elsewhere. I find this extremely rude.
However,
The food was awesome, the waitresses were very attentive and the lady doing the Burns Night entertainment was wonderful.
I Had Vege Haggis tower to start, this came with a beautiful whisky cream sauce, Finnan Haddie for main this was Smoked Haddock poached in milk on a bed of Colcannon Mash with a poached egg on top, it was divine. Then I had Cranachan for dessert.
This restaurant is on the Royal Mile, easy to find and i'd recommend it to anyone.

Scotland
“Traditional food”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This small bar / restaurant situated in the Royal Mile offers good value traditional Scottish food. The menu was varied but retains the Scottish theme. The staff were friendly and professional. Great place to eat in a central location. Would recommend booking to avoid disappointment.

Visited January 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Guid Scottish Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went here on a voucher deal , and although the menu was slightly more reduced that what we viewed online, we were NOT disappointed. The haggis fritters for starters was shamazing, as was the mackeral pate. Crofters chicken for the main course, again very nice and beautifully presented. My friend was looking forward to trying the venison, but this was not on our menu, so she chose the Highland burger, which she said was absolutely gorgeous. The place itself, was decked out in a scottish theme and gave a very cosy feel to it all. Staff very helpful and polite and we will most definately be returning to this place again.

edinburgh UK
“the atmosphere”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's a bit run down and needs a few bob spent on it.
Sitting down to food needs a quiet environs and this was def not the case here.
The food was nothing to rave about very ordinary ie pub grub.
Service just enough to get by