My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights early this month. We received a nice warm welcome by Maggi. It was not very difficult to find and is quiet and conveniently located. If you dont mind walking around it only takes 15 to 20 mins to reach Princess Street but in between you will pass through Royal Mile. So nothing is too far from here. There are bus stops just across the street with frequent connections. Please do not forget to carry exact change while using the Lothians but the drivers were helpful to us with the routes.
Our rooms were not too big but it didn't really matter to us because we were only there to sleep and the rest of the time we were out but it can get slightly congested if you've got too many luggage. However they are very clean. Breakfast was good. Jerry was indeed a good host and helpful even when he was going through a difficult time. He had no qualms arranging our breakfast slightly earlier than usual the day we checked out to catch our morning flight. Definitely recommend! Thank you Gil Dun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet cul-de-sac within the oldest Edinburgh district of Newington, close to the city centre and walking distance to Edinburgh Castle and on a regular main bus route. Re-furbished to a high standard in 2010 whilst maintaining many traditional Victorian features. Official four star accommodation. Popular with guests from the USA and Canada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Gil Dun Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gil Dun Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Gil Dun Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland