“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bruntsfield
Description: Welcome to Henrick's Bar & Bistro. Since 2010, Ailsa and Chris have continued to grow the Henrick's reputation, ensuring that we are always offering the best service, ambience, food and drink in the Bruntsfield and Tollcross area. Throughout our 7 years at Henrick's, we have evolved. We have had two refurbishments, a wedding (ours) and even started growing our own staff (Hamish was born in 2014), so whether your popping in for either a wee glass of something refreshing, a bite to eat or just a catch up, come ans say hello, as we love seeing new and regular faces each day.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This place was recommended by our B&B owners and it did not disappoint. The food was excellent and the menu has some good options with traditional items like burgers and more "serious" restaurant fare including some excellent steaks. The bar has a good selection of highland whiskies and that was an excellent way to warm up prior to the main meal. I would definitely go there again when we are next in town.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Service was outstanding, food was absolutely delicious !
I was staying in the hotel nearby and as this was the only "dog friendly" place in the area I decided to give it a try and I was not disapointed.
I was surprised how warm and welcoming the staff was. Service was prompt and efficient.
I ordered my favourite fish and chips and fish was very fresh.
I would highly recommend this place!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We visited Henrick's with our two children (12 & 8) and two friends on a Saturday evening and were made to feel welcome immediately we walked through the door. We were shown to the table and who we assumed to be the manager or owner was quick to get the kids settled and served with drinks. He took us patiently through the menu and even went away to get information to answer our random questions about whisky! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals - my sole was beautifully cooked - and the desserts were a big hit too. All-in-all, I would say it was one of the best meals I have enjoyed in some time (and I am lucky enough to have to dine out relatively frequently with my work). But what really made the evening was the attentive and good humoured service, as well as a very relaxed atmosphere! Top notch night out - thank you!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Henrick's is was busy with a great atmosphere. The fixed price menu was excellent value and had a good range of choices. Our waitress was friendly and helpful, even when I changed my mind about what starter wanted 5 minutes after we'd ordered. I really liked that they brought water to the table without us having to ask. The wine was a little bit expensive but we didn't mind too much as we felt we got a good deal with the food.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

My friend and I (in our 50s) went for pre-theatre meal on recommendation of her daughter (28),
fantastic! We went in at lunch time to book for that night and were pleased with the way we treated then and with the look of the place. When we returned in the evening we were just as happy. Service and staff manners were excellent, food was beautiful, quickly served but not rushed, atmosphere was great. Can totally recommend it :)