“Outstanding Everything”
Review of Educated Flea

Educated Flea
Ranked #19 of 2,755 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Neighborhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: New baby sister of Bruntsfield's Three BIrds and Newington's Apiary, now the New Town can enjoy our punchy flavours and unique menu's, specials and unsurpassed service. Lunch for £10er, pre theatre from 5pm and open every day. Half price daddy's on menu changes and a great space for parties of 20-30 exclusive.
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

What can I say, this place is a must visit. The welcome, informative service with personality and the outstanding food amazed all of us.
I had the taco to start then shared the big cow. Wow wow and wow the presentation and flavours still make my mouth water. Book this little gem of a place ASAP.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

We were curious about the Educated Flea as we had been going there for many years when it was Khushi's, our favourite Indian restaurant. New owners, new decor, completely different in every way, fortunately still preserving something of the friendly spirit of its previous incarnation.
Staff were very friendly and attentive, first off starters, fish terrine and soup of the day both excellent, with good fresh bread, often a weak point...then chicken supreme vs the duo of lamb, again both very good, two different kinds of lamb with an interesting mix of broad beans, bacon and spinach. My partner commented that the chicken portion was on the small side, staff were quick to respond with extra cheese on the cheese board even though this was not really a complaint. Delicious banana split mess for dessert, great double espresso.
Overall, pricey but good for informal-but-special occasions. Only other comment would be that the acoustics are on the harsh side, some soft furnishings would help!

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

We had an absolutely outstanding dinner tonight at the educated flea - we had a chicken main dish that was delicious and were met with kind, personable, and friendly staff! Also very gluten free friendly. We would highly recommend to anyone in Edinburgh and hope to make our way back someday.

- The Americans from Connecticut

Reviewed October 6, 2017

This was was my first visit to this restaurant which is small, quaint and very friendly which I discovered while out walking.

Menu has a good choice and apparently flexible as I overheard a conversation about changing items. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. The food was fantastic, the service was fast and efficient and the prices a very reasonable.

I would suggest booking to avoid any disappointment and it is very busy. I highly recommend this restaurant and I will definitely return when I’m next in Edinburgh

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Love the look of the menu and we weren't disappointed. We visited on a Money night but called ahead to make sure there was space, good thing we did as they were pretty full.

Lovely friebdly welcome by the waitress who talked us through the specials for the day. Heaps of things on the menu appealed to us but we settled for duck salad and crispy pigs ears to start and we highly recommend both. To follow my husband had the beef fillet and I had a duo of lamb. Both were very nice, I'd say the fat on my lamb should've been rendered more and the bacon/feta was ever so slightly too salty. As the puddings looked so tempting we each picked a pudding and we weren't disappointed.

Really well priced, especially as were we early so was under the theatre menu pricing. They price wine by the serving size not the type of wine (I believe, we didn't have any).

Service fast an good, food lovely, nice all cosy atmosphere. A few glitches but we could definitely forgive them. They have 2 sister restaurants too, if we were locals we would have tried them all.

Do yourself a favour and go and enjoy!