“Good place”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Bruntsfield
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Great curry house. Very friendly and attentive service. Chana side nice. 2nd time I've been there and both times good. Would go there again. Got served after 11pm.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Himalaya had good reviews so we went to try it. We were not disappointed at all. The Naan Bread is the best we have ever had in such a place - it literally overlapped the plate and was delicious. The accompaniments to the poppadums were fresh and seemed to be home-made. The menu is large yet quite simple, and well laid out. All of us chose something different and all of us thought the food was sound and tasty. Recommended for a good meal. We don't think you'll go wrong here - at all. Not overly expensive either.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Have been eating in the Himalaya for the past 25 years off and on. Started while living in Edinburgh and now try to get there when I visit the city, once or twice a year. The menu does not vary but the food is reliable and tasty. The "standard" curry and tandoori dishes are featured on the menu. The standout is the naan bread - which is the largest I have ever seen (do not order two!!).
If you are planning on going on Friday or saturday then a reservation would be a very good idea. The dining room is not huge.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the Himalaya Restaurant twice, the first time was 5 years ago before I moved here to do my postgraduate degree. I came back to Himalaya last month as I always remembered my first visit to be excellent... I am not disappointed - the restaurant is one of the best curry places in Edinburgh and believe me it's hard to find a good one after travelling to India! try the Highly Recommended Curry on the menu:) really tasty and a great customer service too!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Really friendly staff, fantastic food - great value for money. Brilliant decor - tibetan artefacts etc very comfortable and cosy with bright cushions all around. Also a shop - bought lovely silk cushion cover - lots of lovely things to buy.