“Bi-annual pilgrimage”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: New Town
Description: Located on the historic cobblestone Frederick Street, the restaurant offers a stunning interior and outside dining terrace, we have the perfect setting in which to meet friends or just unwind over a glass of your favourite. With a fantastic menu filled with delicious innovative takes on the classics and dishes inspired by different regions of France, there's something to suit everyone.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Booked prior to our arrival, since they were offering 30% off meals. Had an excellent meal and service was exceptional. Thoroughly recommended

2  Thank rjones50

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Cannot agree with the previous comments about "Sarahs". I am a regular here and if we are talking about the same "Sarahs" then I am very surprised. The "Sarahs" I know is one of the most pleasant,entertaining,friendly and helpful waitresses I have ever come across.

3  Thank Jaqueline19
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Came for a work meal as one of the girls was leaving for paris so thought it would be appropriate! Took about an hour to get starters... No apologies. The restaurant was not greatly busy for a friday night and we were sat in a nearly empty bit at the back so no idea what they would have done if it was full. Chicken baguette smothered in mustard which it did not say on the menu so didn't really enjoy as I'm not really a fan. Waiter was a nice friendly guy towards the end but by this time we had had enough!! Will not be back in a rush

1  Thank Rosiecheeks9
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I work very near this place and have taken to coming here after work because I absolutely love their carrot cake and the atmosphere and music is wonderful. Recently I have had a few waiters here and from the receipt the only person we have had poor service from was "Sarahs" as we came in she did not smile and as we sat down the service only got worse. She watched us sit and walked away, no menus or anything. After 5 minutes of trying to get her (place was not busy she just failed to acknowledge our attempts of getting her attention) I asked how much carrot cake would be (i usually got the coffee & cake deal so did not know the price) she walked away without saying anything then came back and said £2.75 I said that was fine and she later came over with a much smaller slice than usual however I did not mention this. As we looked over she looked so miserable and had a frown stuck on as she watched people come in. We left pretty soon after but even as we asked for the bill she just mumbled ok and kept words to a minimum whereas some of the other waiters have been great. Since its such a wonderful place I really feel she brought it down. However we have since been in this week ( this all happened last week ) we got a lovely waitress called "elif" I think. I have a great time here but did not enjoy being served by "Sarahs".

1  Thank Charles C
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We had visited this restaurant at the end of October last year and had an unhappy visit. It was all change this time; the food was all hot and tasty, in fact it was one of the best steaks we'd had for a while, the restaurant was warm and where we were sat comfortable. We'd defo eat here again.